My 1 year old Chow has been dealing with anxiety. HELP!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

ghostthechow
Rank 0
Rank 0

My 1 year old Chow has been dealing with anxiety. HELP!

Post by ghostthechow »

Ghost is a male chowchow. He's super friendly and very sociable. We always take him to the same groomer, but the last couple of times they changed the guy who usually showers him, and we took him in for a shower last Saturday and he's been anxious and having unusual behavior since then ! On Sunday night he peed in the house which is something he never does, he's been having nightmares, he used to love going on long walks and now he just goes out to poop real fast and then wants to go home immediately after. We really don't know what to do, we just want our playful little Ghost back :( The vet told us it will take time but it's been a week, what can we do to help him ?
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: My 1 year old Chow has been dealing with anxiety. HELP!

Post by Mia »

Do you think the change in groomer affected him this much?
If so, I would change groomers.
Perhaps changing groomers would help and try to maintain your feeding, walking, playing schedule, as chows can become disoriented with change.
Either way, I would take him to a vet
Mia
AnnaJoh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AnnaJoh »

Wait for one week. Provide Ghost the feeling that you care and love him a lot.
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

Dogs often know or sense things that we do not. There must be something off with the groomer or a bad trigger for your baby. Better safe than sorry. Either change groomers or go back to his previous one. Observe his behavior. He might be in some pain or have a fever.
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Since he is a year old by any chance did he recently get his rabies shot?
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida