General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Storm21
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow Chow Eating Plastic

Post by Storm21 »

Hey everyone!!

I have a chow chow who is 8 years old this year. In the last 2-3 weeks she's decided when we're asleep, eating any plastic bag insight and anything cardboard is a great idea! :|
Last week we came home to a shower loafer half eaten so we had to take her to the vet in case she required surgery but luckily she didn't.

We have no idea why she is doing this, we walk her every day. She has another dog to play with during the day. She has never played with toys and is not interested in any new toys we bought yesterday. Her diet is good as well.

Any suggestions would be great!

ElizabethRedfern
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Chow Chow Eating Plastic

Post by ElizabethRedfern »

Feed it some pepto bismol and keep an eye out for blood in the poop.

ETA: if its just spotty blood in poop dont worry, if its shitting lots of blood, bad sign.

I was babysitting my bros dog one day and he was crapping nothing but blood, found out that my bro fed him mcdonalds french fries the day before
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Timely post considering recent news that Pepto-Bismol recently added Xylitol to their formula. Xylitol is a sugar substitute that is poisonous to dogs, but FACT CHECK reveals that it the formula has not changed.

Best to just be careful about what is left lying about. My dogs have always loved to chew empty water bottles. OK until they begin to disintegrate. At that point they need to be removed.
Kawal
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Kawal »

Hi Everyone :)

I'm new to this form..
I have a beautiful baby chow chow girl- Eira, whose now over 3 months old.
Eira tends to chew on everything in the house- wood, plastic,paper,books,her toys, shoes and cardboard...I believe it is normal due to her teething stage.
However, now I am very concerned as I've been noticing that she gets HICCUPS for 5 mins and its happening for 2 to 3 times in a day... I have not actually seen her swallowing any of these things but I am very concerned as to why is she getting Hiccups so often.

Do i need to see my vet? Have any of you experienced this?

Please let me know <3