General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Chowkin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Help with Adopting!

Post by Chowkin »

Hello fellow chow lovers!!

I need some help. My chow rescue passed away last year and I've been devastated but have decided that it's time for a new dog and so for months now I've been searching for a puppy with no luck.

I would have ideally liked to have found a rescue pup, but chow puppies aren't very common. I plan to adopt older rescue chow dogs in the future, but right now I am in the prime position to raise a puppy so I want to take advantage of that! So since I haven't had much luck in rescue, I've started to look into breeders. It's important for me to find a breeder who is respectable and kind to their chows as well as of course producing healthy happy dogs.

I've read a ton of reviews on different kennels and most I have found have pretty mixed reviews, so I'm left still unsure of who to go through. Most of the Kennels I've contacted have been in the $2000+ range which is of course a lot more money than a rescue would cost and if I'm spending that much, I want to make sure I'm getting the best. I'm hoping some of you can give me some tips or suggestions for where you found your chows! Anything helps. I've spent so much time looking and I just want to finally come home to an adorable fluffy face again.

I'm hoping to find a chow who looks like this one.

Thanks!!
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Help with Adopting!

Post by ski »

Contact Alisha Bowen at AB chow rescue. Alisha breeds amazing chows and also rescues. After our Loki passed away last year we adopted a beautiful red chow from her kennel. She has has puppies available and you can find her on Facebook. She is located outside Atlanta, Georgia
Chowkin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chowkin »

Thanks Ski! I will reach out to her and see if she has anyone available for me.
daisyprincess
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by daisyprincess »

Did you found a one or still looking for?
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Chow Chow Rescue of NY.
JammyJoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JammyJoy »

Are you still looking for ?
Jldillard
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jldillard »

RHR CHOW Chows in Ava Mo. Have great pups and rescue dogs. They care about the dogs and all for only about $600.
We have two dogs we got from them and they are the greatest. Good people that really care.