Trouble Sleeping

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

mali
Rank 0
Rank 0

Trouble Sleeping

Post by mali »

Our Chow Chow, Storm is now 15 months old. In the last couple of months, she has decided that sleep is not really necessary. I'm exhausted and frustrated, I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through the same thing or has any suggestions.

Her regular day:

Out at 6:30am with me, I drop her off at my mother in law's and she naps from 7:30am-9:00am while she works. She then gets a 45 minute walk and plays in the backyard afterwards until lunch. She naps from 1:45-3:45 for my MIL second shift. She gets to play in the backyard until I arrive (approximately 4:45) I play with her for about 30-45 minutes in the backyard (throwing a ball, tug-o-war, etc.). It's a 25 minute walk home. She gets dinner and will then hang out in the kitchen while I cook for myself and partner. We play for a bit with some of her toys and then she goes outside for 30-45minutes between 8 and 9 pm. She is then up at 1:00am and will stay up until my partner's alarm for work at 4:45am. She doesn't have to pee and unfortunately living in an apartment we can't ignore her and let her continue to cry.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Trouble Sleeping

Post by Laura »

Where is she in the middle of the night? Is she separated from you?
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
mali
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mali »

Sorry, I should have included that in the above information - she sleeps in our bedroom :)
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Well there went all of my ideas! Lol :)
I have no idea other than banning her from the bedroom and/or getting her a brother. We did eventually ban ours from the bedroom because Chloe snores like crazy and they are up/down, in and out all night. Even when given the choice now, Shug sleeps right outside the bedroom door and Chloe sleeps on the couch though so I don't feel bad.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)