seeking breeder information

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

paul.reidinger
Rank 0
Rank 0

seeking breeder information

Post by paul.reidinger »

Hello, I am trying to find the breeder for a chow we adopted on Thanksgiving Day. He is a neutered male named Simba, smooth coat, shaded red in color, born May 2008. We believe he was acquired as a puppy by a couple named Ferrer (Alfonso and Maureen) in Riverside County, Calif. Mr. Ferrer has since passed away, and Mrs. Ferrer can't recall any information about the breeder other than that it was out of state. If any of this rings a bell, we would be glad of the information. My email address is pareidinger@yahoo.com. Thanks. -- Paul Reidinger
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: seeking breeder information

Post by Rory's Dad »

This is tough. I did a search on Chow Chow Inc, which houses the registry for Chow pedigrees and didn't find anything. On the AKC website, the call name was too common and I couldn't get past 1994 litters. You could contact them to see if they can narrow the parameters outside the standard search. That of course, assumes that he was registered to the Ferrer's with the AKC.

Good luck and let me know if you can dig up any other details. I have a friend who is a Chow historian and may be able to help with a few more bits of info.
paul.reidinger
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by paul.reidinger »

Thanks for your note. I have yet to contact the AKC, and I'm afraid I don't have any more useful information. That's pretty much all we know about him. I am pretty sure he came from a high-end kennel. He is quite a stunning dog who seems to meet the breed standard in almost every way except size (he is small, only about 52 pounds).
prtabera
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by prtabera »

You can contact with this website owner I am 100 sure he can provide u the best information about dog breed. Here i drop the URL https://www.bboff.com/dogs-that-dont-shed/
Tibetan Terrier is my favourite dog