Finally got my puppy

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Kibble
Rank 0
Rank 0

Finally got my puppy

Post by Kibble »

Hello Everyone, Here she is Kali 9 weeks and my Black 7 month old Kilo. Any tips on having 2? Had her about a week now they do not want to share anything. All they do is play chase or mock fighting.
Resized9595DSC0265.jpg
Resized9595DSC0265.jpg (134.34 KiB) Viewed 6694 times
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Finally got my puppy

Post by Laura »

First off she is adorable! Congrats.
My two are 3 1/2 months apart in age. When I brought Chloe in as the second pup they played and rough housed all the time. She adored Shug and they were obsessed with each other. I was concerned about bringing in a second puppy and worried about her bonding with Shug and not with us. I had read up and researched and some advice had said that was a potential problem. I made sure to spend time alone with Chloe. I took her to a puppy class w/out Shug. We went on some outings together and I even slept alone with her in the guest room a lot those first few weeks. After that it has always been the two of them together for everything. They are 9.5 yrs old now and though there is a lot less playing at this age they still get along great and love one another. I will warn you that Chloe went into heat at 5 months which caused us to rush Shugs neutering a little earlier that I had planned so watch out for that.
Enjoy this time because it flies by!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Annabellam
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Finally got my puppy

Post by Annabellam »

They are adorable! Seems like they are getting along just fine. Perhaps you could separate feeding, toys etc and especially if you notice any signs of aggresion. Otherwise it is a beautiful family you've got there.