BURP!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

RuthB
Rank 0
Rank 0

BURP!

Post by RuthB »

I have an absolutely lovely, friendly red 3 year old chow named Ruby. I guess she is actually a strawberry blonde, as her father was red and her mother was cream. Ruby has always had the habit of coming up to me and burping after she eats her meal, which I find very funny.
This morning she didn't seem to feel very well. She was clingy and kept following me around wanting attention. Although she is very friendly she is a chow and doesn't usually cling.
I felt her all over but nothing seemed to hurt. So I walked her out on my deck and then walked her back and all of a sudden she let out a huge burp!
That seemed to make her feel better and now she is back to normal. I guess last night she did not achieve her post dinner burp and had gas all night. Poor baby. I've had lots of different breeds and mutts in my life, but she is the first who needs to be burped.
Ruth and Ruby
rmb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: BURP!

Post by rmb »

funny!!
Hades&Titan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Hades&Titan »

My boy is 6 months now and every time he finishes eating he stares at me and burps then walks off !!!!!
lrfishwick
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lrfishwick »

Bella does exactly the same ☺☺ .... I think it is cute, but could she be eating too quickly and swallowing air? I do worry as a couple of friends have lost dogs to bloat and I would attempt to stop the burping if this could lead to her being ill.
Attachments
IMG-20170516-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20170516-WA0004.jpg (234.06 KiB) Viewed 3105 times