These petshops need to pull up there socks.

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Shane
Rank 1
Rank 1

These petshops need to pull up there socks.

Post by Shane »

My lil sister had a betta and August 9 would have made she had it for a year and it died 2 weeks ago. I gone their to go by a fish and when I went there they had 3 over grown dogs in one small cage. Now if yall ever been over here they may say that the average temp is 78 degrees. Well thats probally an accumulation all year. Well that day it was 93 degrees in the shade and they had them dogs out side.

When my mother went to another cause those fish that I bought they died in an hour when I was home. She said they had those dogs in cages small ith no padding what so ever on the hard grill of the cage. With all kind of urine under neath. She said one of them had a swollen eye and the condition wa horrible.

These people really need to pull up there socks and do better. I wish but we don have any government officials to call to look into this.

She said if she had enough money that evening when I came home she I would of only see abunch of pupy in the house cause what hey are doing is torcher.

Shane
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

About your Betta, I'm sorry it did not survive. However, the pet shops sell them in those little 4 inch fish bowls and convince people that the Betta likes it that way. It isn't true. They die sooner. I had one in a 40 gallon tank and it lived for it's maximum life span of 3 years. They do take specialized care and are very stressed by the time someone buys them and it's a miracle they survive at all. About the dogs not properly being cared for....

There is something you can do about this. It's important to to get the news or radio people involved. Conflict and controversy brings in more TV watchers and radio listeners.

Contact the local newspapers to take pictures and get some news exposure; contact radio stations and alert them. Writing letters to your representative in the government with copies to local officials, chief of police, news and radio stations brings the problem to the surface. If the public doesn't get involved, usually nothing is done about it.

Even just telling people, anyone you meet or whoever shops at these pet shops gets the message out. Do you have a SPCA where you live or any animal organizations? You can contact them also.

I hope you find a way to help these animals and thank you for caring.
Jennifer & Sheena