Why my chowchow is small compared to other chow

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

AykeeLovesKeiSoMuch
Rank 0
Rank 0

Why my chowchow is small compared to other chow

Post by AykeeLovesKeiSoMuch »

:( I searched for 2 months old chow chow and compared it to my chow chow And i actually found my chow chow that SMALL.

SHES 7 WEEKS OLD
Attachments
last.jpg
last.jpg (154.65 KiB) Viewed 10882 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (151.6 KiB) Viewed 10882 times
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Why my chowchow is small compared to other chow

Post by JasonandNat »

Why was ours large??!!! Hahaha, we had 2 tiny ones and a large one as puppies, both little ones grew to 65lbs of lean muscle and the big one is 85lbs of the leanest power muscle we've seen. Enjoy them while small, it doesn't last.
AykeeLovesKeiSoMuch
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AykeeLovesKeiSoMuch »

im not really sure, if my chow is pure or mixed.. Yours are so cute. How old are they?
carpainterinaz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by carpainterinaz »

Hi I'm totally new to the forum. My chow is a pure blue chow. He was the runt of the litter. He only weighs 42 pounds. He will be 16 this coming April. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

Don't worry about it. Chow sizes vary. My Chow Chow was the largest in a litter of 4 girls. She is now 70lbs at almost 4 years old. Her dad is 60, her mom is 44, sisters range from 42 to 48 lbs. Our neighbor's Chow is 28-30 lbs and 14 inches at the shoulder and is the tiniest of the breed I have ever seen but tested 100% Chow. They are all adorable!
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Our Male Chow is Huge compared to some..He is over 110 lbs over 25 inches at the shoulders....Our female who passed this year she was around 23 inches at the shoulders her highest weight was 65 lbs she averaged between 55-60 lbs summer...
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida