M & M are fed up!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

M & M are fed up!!

Post by Judy Fox »

Milly and Mabel are thoroughly fed up and rather confused! :? :?
Up to a couple of days ago, we have had a coal fire but since December last year, we have had some central heating installed and as this has provided a comfortable warmth in our bungalow, we have decided to take the fire grate out and have a nice easy electric fire suite which will be nice and easy for Fred and me!
However, these last two days, Fred and I have been working hard taking the grate out and preparing the area for our granddaughter's boyfriend to come and brick in and plaster for us!
M & M are disgusted :( :( - they have looked at it, grunted at it, discussed it, walked passed it and ignored it! :x :x
'It' being the big gaping, rather black hole in place of their fireplace which they have loved in the winter!
So, I cooked them some of 'Victory's Recipe' this evening, so they ate all their dinner like good girls.
It is so funny to watch their disapproval. The new fire suite has arrived and is standing in the hall and they even disapprove of that! :( :(
It will be interesting to see how they think about it all when it is finished.
They were not amused when the chimney-sweep came yesterday to sweep the chimney so I will be interested to see how they deal with Darren when he comes to brick up!
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Me thinks Milly and Mabel will mellow out once this is all over with. After all it is their fireplace you have had the nerve to remove! They'll be back to enjoying the electric once it fires up and they see how clean burning it is. :)
Jennifer & Sheena
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes, Jennifer, I am sure they will but today, they are making a point of not looking at it! :roll:

Louise and her boyfriend are coming this afternoon for Darren to have a look at the job. It will be interesting to see what they do - I suspect they will poke their beautiful little noses in discuss with him the necessary bricks etc. :lol:

Post by Guest »

Hi Judy,
Well Milly and Mabel know best, they think you are going to leave them out in the cold, how dare you even contemplate taking their fireplace away, I guess they would even help you clean up the mess if they had a chance, Years ago I had a white chow puppy, It was Christmas eve and we had had a barbecue outside for supper and had then decided to take in a movie, so off we went, Well this was just what little Sinjon wanted us to do, he opened the bag of charcoal and boy did he have fun he rolled in it and then went to sleep in the kitchen, When we got home we were surprised by a bitch black puppy covered in coal dust and it was eleven o clock at night,far to late to give him a bath so I put newspaper all over the kitchen floor, and closed the door on him, not allowing him into the lounge as he would have made all the furniture and carpet black as well, so you can guess how my Christmas day started Yes a good bath for the puppy and a good clean up of the kitchen, So if Milly and Mable seem just a little upset, tell then the story of Sinjon and they may cheer up a bit. Where I work at Stonehaven Castle this is in Shongweni near my home there is a huge fireplace as the days get colder now there is always a fire going in the fire place, and the dogs love it, they have 6 dogs at work and all sleep on the carpets in front of the fire place to keep warm. You may ask why the place is called Stonehaven Castle; well my boss originates from Stonehaven in Scotland. Hence the name.
Carolyn
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes Carolyn - what a Christmas!
Well Louise and Darren have been and Darren is going to come next Saturday morning to build up.
M & M were so sociable with him. They are not nasty with visitors they don't know but just a bit aloof but with Darren, they stood with Fred and him discussing what needed doing. It was as if they knew what was going to happen.
Poor little girls - their security has been shaken I think.
Never mind, it will be back to normal soon then they will be happy. :) :)
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

It has been a rather wet and cold day her on The Island and Milly and Mabel are still sulking about the fireplace.
This evening, after dinner, Milly came in and lay in the area where the hearth used to be. :(
She just lay there looking sad and dejected - doing her 'hard done to Chow' act - lying in her hovel. I took a photograph and will post it when I get it put onto a CD.

Anyway, the place is going to be bricked up tomorrow, so in a few days time all will be well and she will probably be happy.

It is odd though, because the new electric fire is in the hallway and Mabel went and lay in front of it. Now she has never seen it switched on so she does not know that warmth comes from it. But, it looks like a fireplace, all be it in the wrong place. :?

I tell you, Chows are so smart - she must recognise the shape etc. :roll: