Riley Health issues

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

eddycordon
Rank 0
Rank 0

Riley Health issues

Post by eddycordon »

Riley always stole my socks so y follow him and he starts to run like crazy but yesterday when he stop he lose the balance and looked kind of drunk, So i know i have to take him to the vet but thr problem is the region where we live (Esquipulas, Guatemala C.A.) there is only one vet and his knowledge is about cows primary so if you have some kind of experiences it could be helpful for me. If have something to do his food is Taste Of The Wild bison.Thanks and sorry for my bad english.
Attachments
Hi Buddies Im kind of sick.
Hi Buddies Im kind of sick.
riley.jpg (56.34 KiB) Viewed 4482 times
Briahna
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Riley Health issues

Post by Briahna »

How old is he? Did he have any other symptoms besides being dizzy?
eddycordon
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by eddycordon »

he turn 2 years in june he looks just fine but the problem seems to be when he exercises, like 3 moths ago he had a fungal condition in his testicles the vet said it was for the heat here is alway 24-30°C so he told me to give 10 pills of ketoconazol one daily and after that to apply anti fungal cream in the affected area.
Briahna
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Briahna »

Well if he is prone to infections, he might have an ear infection. It seems to happen more in hot, humid climates. Is he shaking his head a lot or scratching at his head more often than usual? Also, does he spend more time indoors than he does outside?
eddycordon
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by eddycordon »

yes i think he is shaking his head more than often and sometimes he seats and scratches his left ear, he is always indoor i took him to walk three times a day.
Briahna
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Briahna »

Yeah, he might just have an ear infection. Its not uncommon and it can cause some dizziness and poor balance. As long as he doesn't have any diarrhea and he's not vomiting or doing anything else that's significantly different or unsettling, I wouldn't worry about it. The vet will probably put him on antibiotics for a week or so if an ear infection really is the issue. Don't stress too much about it! I would definitely still go to the vet though. Let us know how it turns out. I hope your boy is okay :)
eddycordon
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by eddycordon »

thanks Brihna i will take him to the vet today, i will update letting you know what was the issue with riley.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Nice call Briahna. I think you hit that one right one. Imbalance is almost always related to the ear. Could be either an ear infection or an issue with yeast buildup in the ear. Could even be as simple as water in the ear.

Of course, have the vet check it out, but this shouldn't be a major issue.