New chow, possibly mix?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Chowxchowz
Rank 0
Rank 0

New chow, possibly mix?

Post by Chowxchowz »

I was given what was said to be a chow chow, and was told she's pure bred. I saw the mother who was a black open faces smooth coat chow, but never saw the father. Shes 11 weeks now, seems to have the personality and looks of a chow, but her tongue is pink with a purple spot that seems to be growing bigger, but her ears are getting bigger and more folded over kind of like a border collie, but they used to be smaller and more erect when she was 8 weeks old. Does she look pure bred or possibly a mix?

Earlier at 8 weeks old
Hooch
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: New chow, possibly mix?

Post by Hooch »

Yup that's a mix, who cares though right? A good dog is a good dog no matter what, I've been thinking about getting my Chow to hump a Tibetan Mastiff just to see what the outcome is.
rmb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: New chow, possibly mix?

Post by rmb »

She's a very cute and I'm sure very sweet mix. Please don't hold it against her. Mixes are much less likely to suffer with breed related health issues. I have my first purebred dog, a Chow Chow who I thought was a mix when I adopted him from the shelter. DNA proves 100% chow chow. I've never had such a high maintenance dog but of course, I wouldn't trade him for the world. Enjoy your baby!