Martha Stewart New Chow Puppy

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Martha Stewart New Chow Puppy

Post by 612guy »

Saw this and thought it was interesting. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

http://www.themarthablog.com/

Brutus
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Martha Stewart New Chow Puppy

Post by Constantina »

Ther is nothing more adorable than a chow chow puppy. Genghis Khan was even cuter than Peluche at that age. Those dogs are lucky they live in a farm and have a full schedule of activities to prevent boredom. They have free access to their grassy bathrooms, a caregiver, groomer and i am sure balanced nutrition food by a nutritionist hired by Martha. They also have other dogs for company. If i had Martha's money i would NOT ONLY spoil Chestnut BUT RESCUE as many dogs and provide jobs for caregivers and groomers. SIGH....
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ski »

If I had her resources I would have a house full of chows!!! Adorable! I say it again and again...there is nothing cuter than a chow puppy
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

You are so right Ski. They are absolutely the cutest pups.

But that is also a problem. Too many uneducated consumers get a Chow pup based solely on that adorable ball of fluff and the bunny hops and the zoomies. And then those pups mature a bit and develop that Chow independence. And those same people realize that they have no clue how to properly train them, to socialize them, or to even groom those lovely Chow coats.

And too many of those adorable Chow pups become too much for them, so they try to rehome them or have to abandon them at the shelter.

So lets continue to provide resources here to help get over that hurdle. To provide advice and direction for those that really do love the breed but may be a bit overwhelmed. And to give honest answers to those who ask for recommendations when they are new to the breed.

Martha's continued support of the breed and her ownership have been great publicity and likely have resulted in an increased interest in the breed. No doubt she owns the best of the best and hasn't had to deal with any major health problems that come from poor breeding practices or less than stellar programs.