Sudden Death

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

tysonchow03
Rank 0
Rank 0

Sudden Death

Post by tysonchow03 »

Hi - we lost our sweet girl today at the age of 3. We were away for a week since last Saturday. She was a little down when we were leaving but she usually is she when she knows we are going away.

She was fine Saturday to Sunday but monday she threw up but seemed okay but by thursday had some bad poops with a little blood then on Friday she was really down and didn't want to move. We were coming home the very next morning and was going to take her to the vet if she didn't perk up when she seen us. Then this morning we got a call while on our way home and she had passed away and blood was coming out of her nose..

We are beyond heart broken and just don't know what it could of been! She also lost a lot of weight during the week and most likely didn't eat much. Anyone have any thoughts ?
Proud parents since 2010

Marlee Chow- DOB April 7, 2012
Tyson Chow - DOB Jan 15, 2003
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Sudden Death

Post by Pinoy51 »

First of all I'm very sorry to hear this, no-one should experience the sudden death of a beloved Chow.
It will take a vet to help you to understand what happened.
My layman opinion I would think about food or water poisoning. I don't mean that someone poisoned your baby, but she might have picked something up. Please check if you have poisonous plants in your garden, or did she get access to some household chemicals.
But then again I'm only speculating, it can be a hidden illness as well.
I wish that you can find some peace soon, I can only imagine how bad you must feel right now.
Best regards
Pinoy51
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ski »

I am so very sorry for your tragic loss. You must be devastated. I hope you find an answer
Mother Moose
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mother Moose »

I am so sorry for your loss. This is so heartbreaking to hear! I know how incredibly painful it can be. Yes, hopefully you can find some answers soon.
chunkymonkeys
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chunkymonkeys »

My condolences to you on your loss...
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

I am so sorry! :cry:
rmb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rmb »

i am sorry to hear of your loss! I hope you will take comfort in the good times you shared. I know she cannot be replaced but perhaps another dog will pave the way to recovery. Best wishes,
Rene'
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JasonandNat »

Sorry. When we lost FengHuang from unnatural causes it was devastating and our hearts are burdened from your loss. Love from ShenLung and FushiLu.