MY CHOW ISN'T SLEEPING WITH ME ANY MORE

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

lpalma2010
Rank 0
Rank 0

MY CHOW ISN'T SLEEPING WITH ME ANY MORE

Post by lpalma2010 »

So Leo just turned one in March and he always slept with me and my girlfriend. Recently we broke up so we stopped going to her place. He was still sleeping with me for a bit but about a month ago he just stopped. He'll come to the bed for a little bit ( 10 minutes) as I'm getting ready to go to bed but then he'll go to the floor and stay there. Is there something going on with him or is he just getting older and needs his freedom?
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: MY CHOW ISN'T SLEEPING WITH ME ANY MORE

Post by chow4life »

He probably is getting to hot. Matilda will get in bed also for about 10-20 minutes then it's off to the floor.
Michael's Maggie May
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Michael's Maggie May »

He liked the girlfriend better
Mother Moose
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mother Moose »

He is probably just getting used to the new arrangement. There have been two big changes for him, a) you said you are no longer staying at your ex-gf and b) your ex-gf is no longer there. He might come back to sleeping with you, once he gets used to the new set up.
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

I say get a new girlfriend and then everyone will be happy. Or you could block the door for awhile so he can't leave.

Brutus
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

I think when they get older they want their personal space. It is also summertime and they do not like cuddling in warm weather especially when they have their full adult fur. Whatever bed we get Chestnut she prefers the cold tile or floor during the rest of the year especially summer. When we hit January and it's cold she lays on the bed away from the cool floor. Don't worry about it as it does not mean he loves you less.