Currently challenged finding a good breeder in Beijing, Chin

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

ssshhher
Rank 0
Rank 0

Currently challenged finding a good breeder in Beijing, Chin

Post by ssshhher »

Hi. I'm new here and looking to find my own pup here in China. I'm based in Beijing as my work is here. I have researched and read and have been following the forum here. I'm currently looking for a good, reputable breeder. I am planning to get by end of October as I will be away for two weeks from end Sept to mid October and didn't want to get now and then leave the puppy with someone. So now, I'm just really looking for a good breeder where I can get the pup come end October.

So, I visited this 'dog club' earlier today. I was very honest and upfront saying that I am not going to buy today, but just wanted to see the place, the pups, ask questions and that I can only buy come October. There were like 5 puppies- 4 were put together in one cage while one cream chow pup had her own cage. I wasn't so sure about the caging thing. The parents were not there too as they breed somewhere or they get from a breeder (I really couldn't tell because there's the language barrier). Anyway, I wasn't really convinced with that place and then I was going to move on to the second place I will visit. Right before we left, we had to ask for directions to the second place. And I was so shocked, surprised and so angered by what I discovered - they wouldn't give me directions because they were given instructions by the 'boss' of the first place I just visited to not entertain me because I will not buy anyway. The boss had said that I had touched the puppies yet I didn't buy.

I felt really angered as it seems like I had no right to be going around and checking things out first before I buy. I believe it's important to know and understand the background of the breeder to make sure that the pups were taken care of properly. I had to go back and call him out on this. Apparently, he owns a few of these places.

So now, I'm just a little worried I will not find the right place to get one. If you guys know of any info, contacts, breeders, I would most definitely welcome them.

S
ssshhher
Rank 0

Garysia88
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Currently challenged finding a good breeder in Beijing,

Post by Garysia88 »

Hmm...as i am not staying in China, i am not very sure.

But, for my baby girl, I got her from a Breeder via Facebook, you can check their comments etc to see how good they are.

If i am not wrong, Facebook is restricted in china, maybe you can find it in any other China popular social site?