Cassie's good behavior with the Vet

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Cassie's good behavior with the Vet

Post by Cam Atis »

Hi everyone! Been out of here for such a long time. I just thought I'd tell you about Cassie's almost perfect behavior on everything new.
She's in heat (peak period of 12th day) and so I decided to take her along with me on a two hour drive to the city on the back of a borrowed pick-up truck. She behaved well during the travel and knows instinctively to jump from the pick-up if I asked her to come down. IT WAS HER FIRST TIME TO RIDE. We came to the vet who owns chows. Cassie allowed the assistant to have a look at her behind. She is not even skittish! Then we took a walk towards my store as we leave the truck at the car wash and I am so happy to see her strut behind me. We even cross the busy traffic smoothly going back to the clinic, as if she's been trained to do it. Our home is a rural one, so not much cars going, so it was kind of a big thing for me to see her behaved like a lady. The vet checked her up and everything and she's all clear for the service. Glad the doctor is also as meticulous as me. She was serviced by the male immediately despite the shooter telling me and the vet back at the clinic that she doesn't seemed ready yet. But I know she was, so I told them cheekily to let the chows decide for themselves. Later, she fell asleep outside my store with my employee looking after her as she is tied fronting the highway. And then we went home after two hours and we encountered such heavy rain that lasted for an hour. I had to check on her three times at the back if she was doing okay. When we finally were home, I can't believe that her coat is such that it stayed dry( inner coat) and thus she wasn't cold at all. And so I thought, that's the main reason one should never ever shave a chow. It is their insulation. Glad I did follow that to the letter. We came back again after a day (which was thursday) and she was very much behaved. Very proud of her that she isn't shy at all.
Oh, there was only one thing that she refused to do at the clinic. She refused to come with anyone else if she doesn't see me. Such a clever girl.