Finally success!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Finally success!

Post by TyChowgirl »

Yesterday I took Tiberius to a new vet. After having terrible anxieties to the point where they put him out just to do a basic exam, I was not pleased with my old office. When we would just stop in for a refill on omega 3 stuff he would be clambering to run as far away as he could if I were to let the leash go. I wondered if I changed the scenery to a place he was comfortable with, would he change how he reacted? He did. We went to Banfield at Petsmart where I've been taking Elsa and had a good feeling about this vet. Normally my old vet would insist on the muzzle even though I would ask to try without first (since he's now associated it as a bad thing) and not let me participate in holding him for shots. This put him into panic mode. But, they didn't even bring one in when I requested we try without first and we made it through the whole appointment without even an *Censored Word* gland release. It was an awesome experience. I'm so happy to see him fairly relaxed at the vets when he used to be in utter distress. Yay
Tiberius! He was still cool as a cucumber when we left the office because we were in one of his favorite places :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Finally success!

Post by Cocoa »

That's great news! I have been really lucky with Cocoa at our vet, although after she got sick last year and I had to leave her there for the day she baulks at going in the door now, but once we're inside she is fine. Glad to hear that Tiberius is good with the new vet. =D=
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Finally success!

Post by TyChowgirl »

Thanks Cocoa. I take Elsa today for her last round of shots. My baby girl is growin' up! Lol though not growing fast enough at the same time. Her harness is starting to look gross and I want to buy her adult stuff, but she's still so tiny! I'm going to have a pocket chow lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk