Brat Dog!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Brat Dog!

Post by reddog »

A little update: I’m currently going through a transitional period. I was laid off from my job about 2 months ago. I’d been there for 18 years. My boss said it would be temporary. I worked as a administrative assistant for a sub-contracting manufacturing company and business had been slowing down.

Whitby and I went for a nice long hour walk this morning - as has become our new morning routine. On the way home she led me to the YMCA. As usual she had to play “the greeter”. :) We sat on the steps near the entrance for a while and then I decided it was time to head home. She had other ideas. She laid down and wouldn’t budge. Brat Dog! Then she rolled onto her side and wanted belly/chest rubs. I’d comply for a few minutes and then she’d sit up. Just when I thought she was ready to get up and move on she’d lie back down and roll onto her side again. She did this several times over a period of 15-20 minutes. Out of the side of my eye I noticed a few people inside the building watching her antics. Finally “she” decided it was time to head for home. I think should have charged the “watchers” an entertainment fee. :lol:
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Brat Dog!

Post by TyChowgirl »

Ty is notorious for "flopping" inconveniently. I have to grab him by the collar and will him up and then hold the leash short and up or he'll do it again, especially if he has an audience. He's such a ham! At the dog park, when it's time to leave he throws me this look and a grin before he takes off, tumbling and rolling...much to the glee and amusement of his onlookers he does a great job of making me look the fool! While it's annoying it does show the playful and lovable side of the "fearsome" chow chow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Brat Dog!

Post by Cocoa »

Ty is notorious for "flopping" inconveniently. I have to grab him by the collar and will him up and then hold the leash short and up or he'll do it again
Cocoa does exactly the same thing! And once she's down it is a challenge to get her back up, but I don't think she has managed to keep me in one spot for 15 - 20 minutes like Whitby did. :lol:
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Shiloh doesn't lay down but will park her butt down until hubby figures out where she wants to go. This has been going on for 11 years now...she is so stubborn...she is very much the "my way" kinda girl!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Mmm! sounds familiar - wonder why! :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)