Django pictures!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

natashalindley
Rank 0
Rank 0

Django pictures!

Post by natashalindley »

A couple more pictures of Django! He is an absolute sweetheart, I couldn't ask for a better puppy. He has grown really attached to both me and my boyfriend which I am really happy about and is happiest when we are both in the room. We were worried he would bond with just one of us, I was worried he would bond with my boyfriend more and my boyfriend worried he would bond with me more. We worked it out by holding the bowl together when feeding him, letting him out on alternate goes, same with training and when he comes to cuddle me I will give Django a good smushy hug and then go "go to your dad!!" haha and so he plods over to him for cuddles as well. My boyfriend does the same thing when Django goes to him first too so we both get equal cuddle and bonding time.

He is absolutely amazing and laid-back. He loves belly rubs, he doesn't mind being picked up, he doesn't mind being brushed (apart from trying to chase it ha), happy to have both me and my boyfriend touch him while he eats (this is usually when he stands still long enough for me to take all the little twigs he's managed to pick up from rolling around outside) and is happy for other people to cuddle and touch him (I always ask for him to come to them first though). Well, when I saw happy, he just sits there with a really unimpressed, grumpy look but doesn't move away haha and then he gets more confident and hyper after 5/10 minutes.

It has possibly been the best week we could ever wish for!!!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 13.09.32.png
Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 13.09.32.png (200.77 KiB) Viewed 2900 times
Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 09.15.22.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 09.15.22.png (216.16 KiB) Viewed 2900 times
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Django pictures!

Post by Laura »

He is absolutely adorable! I'm happy for you and the lil guy!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ski »

Oh my gosh!!! I just want to give him a cuddle...
DrewBear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by DrewBear »

Congrats! He's a cutie and sounds like he's got a good temperament. Try to find a puppy play group for him before he gets all his vaccinations. It's good to get him socialized with other pups at a very young age. If I had to choose between a training class and socialization group play, I'd choose the latter. Of course it's best to do both if possible. My pup is almost 8 months old now, but here he is at 8 weeks. Take lots of pix & video. They grow so fast!

'Bear' 1996 - 2011
chunkymonkeys
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chunkymonkeys »

Django is one lucky boy to have such great parents! He is beautiful, and DrewBear is right; they grow so fast! Keep posting pics!