NEW CHOW

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chow315

NEW CHOW

Post by chow315 »

hi i was blessed today with an all white 2 and a half year old male chow. they say hes a purebred and he looks it but that doesnt matter.i love chows. was told he did not get along with their husky. we have a 7 yr old dingo and a 15 year old chow mix. all are male. they seem to be getting along pretty well so far. \:D/ :D
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: NEW CHOW

Post by ski »

Congratulations!!! I love the cream color chows. We have a black chow and a red . Both are rescues and male. After seven years together they have never had a fight.
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

It's funny how they find their way to us right? You had no way of seeing each other directly but outside forces did it for you. You are BOTH so lucky.
Peterbilt
Rank 0
Rank 0

NEW CHOW

Post by Peterbilt »

Good to give hat baby a home!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chow315

Post by chow315 »

hi my new baby who is a smooth golden chow is adjusting very nicely.however it seems that someone has abused him terribly. he is afraid of men, but is warming up to my husband. he neeeds a bath desperately. i took him to my grooomer who is excellent. he was very agressive and would not let them touch him.he is such a precious animal.i see the sweetness underneath all the fear. it willl take alot of love. i am glad we can give it to him. he has started playing with my dingo. my dogs are Reddy a 15 yrold deaf chow mix who is the sweetest animal anywhere.then i have a 7 year old americandingo. he is very smart and has the prettiest brown eyes he is a real lover and has lots of patience also he loves to run.and then there is yogi who will be 3 11-19-2014 and that is about all i know. any suggestions on bathing or anything are very much appreciated
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ski »

Be patient...he will come around. When we rescued Frisco he was in bad need of grooming. He didn't show any aggression until we took him to the groomer the first week we had him. He bit the groomer!! We later discovered he was frightened by anything with a handle. That was almost six years ago. I have not taken him back to the groomer but I have assumed that responsibility. He lets me bath him and comb and brush him. He, too, had abuse in his past. He has never shown any aggression since that first grooming. He was frightened by my husband at first now he lays by his side every night and favors him inspite of the fact that I rescued him. Good luck!
chow315

Post by chow315 »

thanks
Cutterpillow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Cutterpillow »

Congratulations!