Just popped in to say Hi :)

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Just popped in to say Hi :)

Post by Piff Poff »

Don't get to be around much these days, but i'm finding myself home with a stinking cold and a bit of time on my hands, so have been having a little read up with the goings on :)

As some of you may remember Daisy pig (it's funny how they earn a little nickname) Came into our lives around 6 months ago and the transition couldn't have been better. There is the occasional growl,between Daisy and Henry, but it's usually followed by zoomies by Daisy and a huff from Henry, she's far more energetic than him. There was a snap early on over food, chicken breast was the culprit, if they get chicken now i stand in between them, Daisy does get into Henry's face over food at times, so we have to watch them with treats but at meal times they each choose a bowl, have a nibble and swap and then swap back, they are both free fed, Daisy is getting better at waiting for food as we make them both earn it, she even shakes a paw - that was funny teaching her that, even funnier was teaching her how she is supposed to get in the car when she's with me, DH just picks them up and dumps them in, I expect them to put their paws on the bumper and then I boost them, Daisy just could not get her little head around it the first few times but now she's watched Henry it's a much smoother process. The first time I didn't think we'd get to go anywhere I was laughing so much as I'd pop her front paws up and she would sit down, So I'd try again and she'd just lay down, or fall over, in the end I think I just said, just get in and she jumped up no problem, but ever since she's waited for me to put her paws up like I do with Henry lol

I really worried and procrastinated about getting a second dog. OH wanted an Old English Sheep Dog but I was concerned about the differences in temperament, Henry was such a good dog and we knew we would never have a problem going out and about either with or without him, then Daisy appeared and it's as though we have always had her. She gets far messier then Henry having shorter legs and fluffier fluff and being a cinnamon or light red the muck shows easier, so she's really our mucky pup. She loves her cuddles, she asks by putting her chin on your leg and then comes in for a cuddle and you rub under her ear and she goes all floppy and sinks to the ground, purring as she goes.

We think Henry would miss her now too if she wasn't around, as he will go and lay down right next to her and when they are out on the deck they rest their noses through the bars on the rails with the paws going through the space underneath the rails watching the squirrels and deer together. Henry also will knock on the door for her if she wants to go out or come in and he doesn't, she hasn't quite got that one, but Henry does it for her so all is ok :)
Thank you Sweatpea