Has anyone purchased a chow chow from D&M Farm?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Has anyone purchased a chow chow from D&M Farm?

Post by Laura »

So many responses, so little time. Interesting.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Maybe it means nothing, but did anyone else notice that all of the positive posts that have suddenly appeared on this post are by 20 or so members that joined the forum on the same day.
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

Rory's Dad wrote:Maybe it means nothing, but did anyone else notice that all of the positive posts that have suddenly appeared on this post are by 20 or so members that joined the forum on the same day.
YOU CAUGHT THAT TOO? :mrgreen: A few things have me a tad bit concerned (not saying they are a bad breeder)
1.) I do not see any titles on their dogs... nor am I finding health clearances, but I only checked the first few on the OFFA website.
2.) They breed a lot more litters per year than I am comfortable with. (7 litters in 3 months) What detail goes into planning the pairings?
3.) Cute dogs, but they seem a bit on the leggy side - and a tad bit long (not square). Some look well built, but the majority I would pass on.

This does not mean they would not make great pets, just something that I personally would pass on because I could not show.

Sorry if I offend, not my intention. We all have looks that we like in chows and I personally would pass... just sayin'
CH Dreamland's Intrepid Spirit ~ Chance
Dreamland's Dancing in the Storm ~ Raine
Dreamland's Calling All Angels ~ Skye
Charlevoix
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Charlevoix »

Yes. We have purchased 4 Chows from D&M. They are the best Chows ever! The owners are extremely knowledgeable about the breed. They have been in business many years. Their bloodlines are the best!
elisasmith18
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by elisasmith18 »

I'm glad to hear you have chosen another breeder and thank you for the best of wishes. Good luck and I look forward to seeing pictures of your new puppy. =)
HarryPotter69
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by HarryPotter69 »

Charlevoix wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:29 pm Yes. We have purchased 4 Chows from D&M. They are the best Chows ever! The owners are extremely knowledgeable about the breed. They have been in business many years. Their bloodlines are the best!
well congratulations and how long have you been breeding them?