Just popped in to say hello

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Just popped in to say hello

Post by Sirchow »

I haven't been here for a while but it is reassuring to see not much has changed :D and a surprising number of posts by members I know and so many cute puppies as always.

I find myself with a bit of time on my hands as I am not working due to having been not very well for a few months now. It is so nice to be home with my girls. I cant quite believe Bramble is going to be five this year, Izzie four and baby Isla who some of you might remember from her birth thread is just coming up to two. She is still just as mad as ever she was. She seems to have spent her life wading in mud, falling in ponds and eating the mail....her latest escapade was to bite right through a magazine which my DH got a subscription to for Xmas. He was not terribly amused lol :lol: . She also cost us a new TV a few weeks ago when some sheep appeared on the screen she ran and nose butted it so hard she fractured the picture on the screen :shock: and we had to claim a new one on our insurance. I was more concerned for her than the TV as she hit it so hard she wandered in dazed circles for some time but she seemed fine after a few minutes. It hasn't stopped her trying it again since! She is quite the craziest chow I ever met....I blame the breeder :lol:
Izzie is still spending her time sleeping like a great black slug and barking when the whole house is not arranged to her liking. Bramble has been through a tough few years with her cruciate ops and then her ED which was not operable but finally I have her stabilized on just the right amount of exercise and the right supplements as she cant take any NSAIDs at all or pain meds.

I know my friends across the pond have had a tough winter with exceptional snow. Here in the UK we have had so much rain the country has run out of places to put it and huge parts of England are covered in flooding. We have been luckier in Scotland...lots of rain (as always!) but we have less flat ground for it so sit on.

Here are my furry friends :D
Attachments
IMG_4192.jpeg
IMG_4192.jpeg (140.15 KiB) Viewed 10939 times
IMG_3816.jpeg
IMG_3816.jpeg (67.4 KiB) Viewed 10939 times
IMG_2476.jpeg
IMG_2476.jpeg (151.58 KiB) Viewed 10939 times
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Just popped in to say hello

Post by Cocoa »

It's good to see you back here Siriol. The girls are looking fabulous as always. Love that Isla is still a crazy girl, and I'm glad she didn't hurt herself too badly going after the sheep! Cocoa has no interest in the TV but my son's papillon barks every time an animal shows up on the set. :?
lrfishwick
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lrfishwick »

WOW your babies are beauties - we have just the one he is now 6 months old and I am sure he would love to meet your girls. Sadly we live in Lincolnshire and there seems to be very few chows in our area :(
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

lrfishwick I think there are more chows around than you realise....I found that Facebook was the best place to find fellow chow owners. If you are on there join some of the UK chow groups and just put the word out you are looking for chows in your area....you will prob be surprised.

Cocoa thank you it is nice to be remembered :wink: Yes Isla is still as mad as ever. Its funny how they vary so much. Her mom is so laid back and LAZY and she is so athletic.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Nice to see your posts Sir.

It has been a bit. Glad to hear updates on the pups.

Goodness sakes on Isla taking out a tv. Our Amber is still a bit on the wild side as well and has chewed every surface in the house. She freaks on the 'Meow, Meow, Meow' commercial, but will not be fooled by cheap imitations. She chases Rory to no end and has a permanent spot at the end of his tail. Unless they are eating, and then they are separate and distinct individuals.
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ski »

What a beautiful chow family!! I am sorry...but I had to laugh at your tv story. Bet she won't do that again!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Welcome back! I am curious which supplements you are using. My Chloe has severe bilateral hip dysplasia and I am always interested in what people are using. TIA!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Doppler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Doppler »

Warm welcome back Sirchow, your chows must be very sweet and smart. Bless your little girl jamming on the new TV, hope she's totally fine and learn some lesson! j/k :D
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. "
ImageImage
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Unfortunately she has tried it a few times since! Every second advert at the moment has some sort of animal in it. The programme that totally outraged her this morning was the leopard loose in India....deep growls, lunges at the TV now pretty much out of reach and her tail went right down :lol:

Laura the supplement I use for Bramble is a human one which I have sent over from the US called Hyaluronic acid 120 http://www.vitacost.com/world-organic-h ... 20-complex when the ortho vet operated he was surprised to find how little arthritis there was in the joints and I put it down to the supplements. She also has fish oil. These supplements were chosen with the help of Kiwani who used to be a member on here. A very knowledgeable lady and so helpful. I wish she was still around. I think she was a vet but had a much more broad knowledge than most vets do. I am happy to talk by PM if I can help in any way :)
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

I am here too, since I miss you on Facebook, and I want to introduce Harvey to the Chow Chow Crowd.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Hi George. How is Harvey doing? I was just thinking about him this morning funnily enough. I miss my updates. I expect big steps forward in three weeks :D
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

I wasn't sure where you went Siriol. I went to tag you in a link with images of a red and black chow chow in the snow (reminded me of either Titus and Izzi or Bramble and Izzie)and you were no where to be found! I hope you find wellness and you don't lose another tv in the process (though I confessed I chuckled)
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Sirchow, Harvey has been a handful lately. Saturday afternoon, I went to get new tubes for the tires on the aerator, and my son let Harvey in. Harvey managed to catch Yoda. No harm was done, but Harvey is now cat crazy. I think I will make me a holster and carry my spray bottle everywhere. To top it all off, we had a few days of 70F weather and now he is starting to shed. It is a good thing that he likes to be brushed.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Tychowgirl I PMed you :)

Harvey you are a very bad boy :lol: but you do make me smile. I think he is going to need a home with no cats.
Clovers_Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Clovers_Mom »

Siriol,
So nice to see your comments, and your wisdom!
Love the updates, especially of Isla.. The name/word Isla, has a very special meaning to me, and I remember seeing the pix when the litter was 1st born, loving- they were the cutest & so entertained by their antics/stories you told. I'm glad to hear that Bramble has stabilized for the time.
All my best
Shannon
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Thank you so much for your lovely comments Shannon. I was just popping in but decided to stick around as there are still a lot of people here I remember from days gone by. How is sweet Clover getting on these days? It has been nice to catch up with some old faces here and Fb is going to be out for some time so I will be sticking around. :D
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

I am always glad to hear your comments.
Clovers_Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Clovers_Mom »

Funny, as I also hadn't been on site for gosh, quite some time... Given, I have more time in my day, and nothing cheers up a job search like sweet, precious, puppy chow pix, I have been coming on here more regularly.....
Oh... Miss Clover is good, I do wish though, sometimes she would tone down her attitude, I find it amusing when we are not in public, & or if she doesn't catch the public's eye.. Someone once told me that she is a 'diva bi*!h, that she has more attitude than Lady Gaga and Madonna combined, I had to look at him, dumb founded for a second, and say ahh... yes, your right, god, that really visually explains it from a relative human aspect ... unfortunately she knows very well, of how 'pretty' she is... She'll bark at someone, normal routine when a new male comes in the park, (getting better but..) and then 5 minutes later, the same gentleman who she was barking at, and wouldn't let pet her, is saying to me- 'She is a beautiful dog' ha.. umm, yes, if you could only see the goofy, fun Clover, she is magnificent then - haha...
I sometimes wish there were PSA's about the Chow personality, so people would understand it more.. haha- Myself, I wouldn't change it for anything, just harder to explain it to 'non-chow' owners :)
Nice to hear your voice, look forward to your wisdom!
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Awww she sounds a real character....they do what they want to do when they want to do it and that is that!!! She sounds a bit like my Izzie. She is a diva slug on steroids :D

I will try to oblige with some wisdom ha haaa. :lol:
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

I don't get on the site nearly as much as I should...but Bramble and Izzie are looking good :D
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Thank you Karen :D