Kspurlock
Rank 0
Rank 0

Butt wiggles

Post by Kspurlock »

image.jpg
image.jpg (60.57 KiB) Viewed 4435 times
Hello all!

It has been 3 months since we adopted our 6 month black chow chow. We eventually came up with the name Emeilia Dawn, Emma for short. What a wild ball of life and energy she is! We've had a couple accidents but other than that (and a couple sock chewings) she's been great.

She has a ridiculous habit of wiggling her tail so hard her entire rump wiggles right with her! She does it if you look at her, when you come home, waiting for food, holding her toy, any reason really. I tell her everyday she's going to wiggle her rump right off! She is the sweetest little thing, no nips or snaps about food, bones, toys, etc. she played with my nieces and had no problem. She's not crazy about car rides but is getting better. She has learned that "go bye bye to grandmas" is a VERY good thing. She pumps them full of treats and they get to run around their wooded yard.

Her favorite toy is her "rope-a-dope" honestly I have never met another dog who loved toys as much as her! She terrifies people on the street because an all black chow is fairly intimidating...until she wiggles her rump so much they can't help but laugh. She has learned that someone in the yard is very okay to bark at. One night we were all outside playing and I hid behind a bush with the intent to scare Leela but Emma saw me move and furiously charged me growling and showing teeth until I said "alright alright it's me" and she immediately stopped. It made me feel good to know she already wanted to protect her family from whatever was in the bushes.

All in all she has been a joy to have and although I have to clean the hair out of the air vent everyday I don't regret getting her one bit!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (46.8 KiB) Viewed 4435 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (63.08 KiB) Viewed 4435 times
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Butt wiggles

Post by Pinoy51 »

looks Emma is fun loving. What a cute face. Chows are so funny, if they are taken care off properly.
I can't stop watching my guys once I'm home, they always do something that makes me laugh or at least smile.
Last edited by Pinoy51 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Truffle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Truffle »

She has such a loving sweet look :P What a cutie!

Doing the loops is another chow thing I adore! My boy races in huge laps around the yard or in the living room when he gets these mad bursts of energy. He also loves being chased, so I tag him on his butt saying "I'm gunna git yr a$$, boy!" and he scurries like a huge rodent, butt tucked under and back legs low to the ground with such a happy/crazed look on his face :D :D I also do the super slow walk towards him and he goes nuts for that too, wiggling his behind, barking and doing a little "chow wiggle dance."
Clovers_Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Clovers_Mom »

I think it might be a Chow thing.. :)
Clover definitely gets what I call 'wiggle-bum'.. When she happy, excited, or ready to play catch me (her fav. 'tag' game with me) I guess I also egg it/her on with that older LMAFO song ...wiggle,wiggle,wiggle,ya, wiggle.. ok sure you get it ha.. It's so irresistibly cute!
JammyJoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JammyJoy »

Well, Chow Chow is a well-mannered dog.
tabate45
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tabate45 »

My chows wiggle the same way. Especially the one with a stub for a tail. Truffles, we calls those loops "zoomies". They all do them and what fun they are. Chows are definately unique.

Tracey
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ski »

I love these stories because my chows are such couch potatos...unless a cat drops by. Of course, they are eight and ten so I guess they deserve a rest. Our Frisco is jet black and folks find him intimidating yet he is kind and gentle. I have been told that black dogs are the hardest to place. Funny as we have had three black dogs find a home with us.
Good luck! Sounds like you are off to a good start.