Re: Sally's progress

Post by serwusek »

nice. Now look very good ;D i hope everything will be great :D
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

Hi Pinoy51! Trust me, Sally's fur looks wayyyy better than pampered overprotected Chestnut. I pulled her out of VIP b/c she has grown resistant to ivermectin and the demodex is now out of control and her last shots resulted in puss filled lumps. I changed her vet to Dr. sicam from Kamuning who did a full blood test. Turns out Chestnut is anemic with low blood protein. Liver and kidneys are fine but immune system beat up as it was dealing with anemia and ivermectin shot overdose. So no more shots, had her hair clipped short and strictly once a week amitraz baths with no baths in between to let solution stay on for a full week. Guess what? 50% less scratching and no more musty smell. On week 3 now and will see how next check up goes.

Let me know who Sally's new vet will be k? Dr. Sicam is called the Dr. house of dogs but she lives too far and the waiting is insane!!! :?

Kinny
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

Hi Constantina,
thanks for sharing your experience, sorry to hear that Chestnuit isn't doing fine. I will share as soon as I see a better to treat the mange. I have done the Amitraz for soooo long, but it didn't get her cured either. Everytime we reduced the frequence of the bath the red skin returned. Plus the charge is 800 Php per bath.
I have a clinic in Alabang / Westgate I will bring her next weekend, to see if their is anything else I can do.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Patrisse
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Patrisse »

Hi your story is inspiring! I have an 8month old Chowchow named Pepper. Im from the Philippines and she has mange too. What can you suggest for a fast recovery and for maintenance so that it wont relapse?
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

Hi Pinoy51. Dr. Sicam cured chestnut. It was her personal Brand of amitraz bath which she gets from the states. No more shots for her. Just a weekly bath with perla, sulfur soap. Her personal antibacterial shampoo and her ultra concentrated amitraz solution which she will allow you to buy o you can bathe sally at home.