Sweet Chow Chow Smells

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Sweet Chow Chow Smells

Post by Me & Tess »

Tess had the sweetest smell to her, I have mentioned it was like clean clothes drying out in the fresh open air. When we got Lilly, which is coming up on a year, honestly, her odor was stinky! I missed that sweet Chow smell and wondered why Lilly stank so. Just this last month we noticed a big change in Lilly's odor, she smells sweet! As I do, I researched what could have caused such a pretty little Chow girl to stink so. It was stress, stress can bring on unpleasant doggy odor. Now I can bury my face in her fur like I used to do with Tessie & smell the sweet Chow Chow smell.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Sweet Chow Chow Smells

Post by chowpups »

I too loved the sweet smell of Nikki it was always a fresh smell. My sister use to say how come your dog doesn't have that doggie odor smell like most dogs do??? It's funny I hadn't thought about that in a while but you brought back that sweet memory today!
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

Stress and the food the rescue or breeders gave her which probably messed with her immune system. I am sure you gave her better quality food and her life with you was a happy stress free one.
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by christina chow mum »

Yes, I've been down that smelly road with Ming. Stress is definitely the cause of "smellies" I think. After so many chronic storms here recently, I almost had to go near him wearing a mask like they do on bikes in Hong Kong...phew!! :cry: :cry: But...........that's all past now we've got some freezing sunshine...bbbbrrr, what helped as well was the Vet shaving off all his "crusty smellies" from his haunches and in front of his tail during a visit a few days ago, which I had been battling with for ages (Ming's stress garbage pile...hoo hoo) so I was able to see what I was dealing with and treat it all accordingly. It's SOOOOO nice to run my fingers all over him and not have to wash the pong off afterwards. :D :D :D Here's to the next time (storm)... :-$ :-$ :-$
Loving a Chow means never having to say your'e sorry.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Yes, that sweet chow smell, there is nothing quite like it. I notice quite often after petting other peoples dogs (not chows) that I have to wash my hands right away to get rid of the doggy smell, not with Cocoa though. Clean clothes drying in the open air is a perfect description of the chow smell.