General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

'tis a strange, strange life.

Post by Victory »

It's been a very long time since I've actually posted anything here. Life has been very very interesting. After being ill in April, then finally getting a job at Express Scripts which was going well. Then my land lord told me they weren't going to extend my lease as of Nov. 1st and I had to move. With limited mobility and my long work hours I just didn't know how I was going to find a new apartment for me and the chows. I whined about it on Facebook and my brother called me and told me he was trying to transfer to Minneapolis. But the Federal shut down came and the administrative work couldn't go through to allow this, then his landlord told him he also had to move because his town house was going up for sale, so we talked about it and decided that maybe it would be better if I moved to Virginia with him. He found us a really, really nice 3 bedroom house, with a nice back yard that is already fenced.

So Firesong, Dreamdancer and I embarked on our great adventure. On Nov. 9th I went and rented a car, and on the 10th we began our drive from Minneapolis to Richmond Virginia. It was kind of fun, and kind of scary and pretty and all that. We didn't get through Illinois until after dark and didn't get to our motel in Indiana until 4am. By then the chows were so wound up, they had to stay in the bathroom to go to sleep. I tried to drive straight through but it was getting too hard to stay awak and it began a cold rain mixed with snow right before we left Ohio into West Viriginia, so we parked at a rest stop and spent the night listening to the big trucks coming in and out, (though most of them stayed the night too), after a potty stop and breakfast we were off again and made it through the mountains of WVirginia during the day, and into Virginia. Made it to Midlothian which is the other suburb that is down the road a ways from North Chesterfield, where we live now.
The chows love their new yard and have been very busy chasing out the squirels, watching my brother and I rake up all the leaves and having a big house to live in.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: 'tis a strange, strange life.

Post by ski »

You have had quite an adventure. Good luck in your new home. Hopefully things will settle down a bit for you and the chows. They are going to love that yard!!!!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Oh wow! I'm sorry things hadn't gone so well Victory! But I'm glad things are looking up!
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Nice to hear an update from you. Was wondering how things were going since we last heard from you. Sounds like a major change, but it could be very positive. Glad to know that you dealt with a bit of road snow so well.

Pass along my best wishes to the Chows. Sure they wont know what to make of it, but do it anyway. Give them a cookie from Rory and Amber. It's the holiday season after all. Sounds like they enjoyed a roadtrip at least. Both my babies love windshield time. We got a new truck for them and now they ride in the rear crated position. They behave much better, but occasionally complain that they cant see where we are going.

I think squirrel is a delicacy in some parts of VA, so let them have at it...
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Rory's Dad wrote:Nice to hear an update from you. Was wondering how things were going since we last heard from you. Sounds like a major change, but it could be very positive. Glad to know that you dealt with a bit of road snow so well.

I think squirrel is a delicacy in some parts of VA, so let them have at it...
Luckily, I actually learned to drive during the winter in Minnesota, I do pretty good on snow and ice and I'm old enough not to be intimadated by idiots who want to drive faster than is safe. I have a good laugh when I pass them later when they are stuck in a ditch.

And LOL, as soon as Dreamdancer figures out how to fly, the squirels are toast!
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

Wow talk about "God works in mysterious ways" The chows now get you and their uncle plus a nice house with a yard. Yay!!!
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Mine have figured out how to shake a tree, so flying may not be necessary.

In any event, good to see you.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Glad to see you back Victory, sounds like things are starting to look up a bit.

Rory's Dad wrote:
Mine have figured out how to shake a tree, so flying may not be necessary.
Cocoa is still trying to figure out a way to climb the trees after those pesky squirrels.