Sally will join us

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Sally will join us

Post by Pinoy51 »

Have been a while. Tons of stuff to do with a new job, own business and Simba and Nala are doing very well, nothing unusal or special to report.
That changed two weeks ago, when I heard about Sally. Sally is anabandoned cream Show lady, 2 or 3 years old.
She was found a few minutes away from a vet clinic wondering in the streets of Manila.
Sally the day she was rescued
Sally the day she was rescued
image.jpg (224.89 KiB) Viewed 4549 times
I heard about her story via facebook. A friend knows how much I care about Chows.
This is how she looks after 4 weeks of medical attention. i visited her a week ago, her spirits are unbroken and she is a very sweet girl
Sally after a few weeks in the clinic
Sally after a few weeks in the clinic
image.jpg (107.84 KiB) Viewed 4549 times
I will bring her home in two weeks, will report how she get's along with everyone.
Best regards
Pinoy51
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Sally will join us

Post by ski »

Oh my gosh!!! Bless you for rescuing her...
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Wow that poor baby! What is wrong with her? The skin issue? Bless you for taking her in!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

According to the Vet she has been in the streets for a long time, eventually more than a year.
She was extremely mal nurished. I forgot the name of the skin issue, but it is not contagious. She is getting shots every two weeks and is being bathed with a special shampoo. I will learn the details of her maintenance in the coming days. I was totally surprised how lively she is and trusting after all she must have been through.
Acc to the vet she wanted to be rescued, they had no problem to bring her to the clinic.
When i visit her in the clinic, she approached we without any hesitation and with her tale and head are straight up. She is curious and energetic again. I'm looking forward to have this amazing girl as part of our pack.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Kyleadam2058
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Kyleadam2058 »

That makes me cry to see how some dogs are mistreated and unloved when so many people want them. I hope she lives a long loving life. Keep us updated I hope she has a great recovery.
YMMV
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YMMV »

It pains me to see dogs left to suffer like that. God bless your soul for taking Sally in.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

How wonderful for her that there are special people like you out there. Welcome Sally!
Oscar's mum
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Oscar's mum »

AW poor baby girl, your amazing for adopting her and loving her....so many wouldnt. Good luck and i look forward to hearing about sallys progress.x.x.x
Mam to Roxy Lady (RIP 2003 - 2013), Max-a-Million (2003) Theo-Dorable (2010) and The Great and Powerful OZ (2013)
Crumpet
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Crumpet »

You are a real hero. Seriously. There seems to be a lot of chows in the Phillipines. I am very grateful for people like you!
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

Thanks for all the nice words, appreciated. But honestly it wasn't that difficult to like Sally.
I only met her when she already was taken care off by CARA (an organization which supports abandoned dogs and cats) and the amazing people of the vet clinic in Manila, which didn't hesitate to pick her up and give her the emergency care she needed.
When I saw her, she was absolutely in good spirits. Her physical conditions will heal over time. But I couldn't get over the fact how lively and trusting she was from the first moment I saw her. It seems that nothing she went through changed her positive attitude and her ability to trust people. Sally is not my first rescue dog, two are with me for already more then 12 years (Sandy and Reyna). But it took me good part of a year to rehabilitate them mentally.
I will report about Sally, Nala and Simba. Promise !
Best regards
Pinoy51
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

I am so glad you and Sally found each other! The first photo made me cry as with the info that she has been living in the street for about a year estimate. I live in the Philippines too and seeing dogs neglected and abandoned like that just breaks my heart. Seems you and Sally are each others Christmas present. Thanks again for being a hero and extending your love to Sally.