Thoughts?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Thoughts?

Post by Laura »

Please check out the post by Nicole in the chow chow rescue groups section of the forum. I am torn because I want to help her and the poor chow but if she can't afford to adopt then what happens if medical care is needed? On the other hand the chow will be PTS if not adopted. Thoughts? Ideas? Anyone want to join in and help? Also please don't attack her. That is part of why I am bringing the discussion here. Just because you are down on your luck it doesn't mean you don't have love to give. Thanks!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Thoughts?

Post by christina chow mum »

It's at times like this Laura when I could SPITwith frustration from living half way on the other side of this planet and feeling totally helpless :!: :!:
I read all of Nicole's post. The whole situation is tragic and something needs to be done to give this lady chow a few last years of comfort and love without pain, fear of abandonment and a death she DOESN'T DESERVE!!
No CHOW DOES!!

I hope someone, somewhere will be able to help Nicole out with the basic costs she is facing and then can only suggest and hope that any later expenses would be almost nil when you think that all this "Proud Lady Chow" would need is a warm corner, not much food at her age and all the love in the WORLD which surprise surprise, even today, is still FREE OF CHARGE!!
I can only send my love and best wishes to them both and thank you Laura for caring and championing the cause!
Good luck! Take care! :) :)
Loving a Chow means never having to say your'e sorry.
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chow4life »

I actually saw this post last night and was thinking about this poor senior chow. Made me extremely sad to think a senior dog needs a home and his life all boils down to money. I looked on the web site this morning thinking maybe if I paid by credit card this would help her to adopt. That being said it stipulates that the credit card must match the adoptees name. Maybe if she went back to the animal center and talked to them they would reduce the fee farther. Once again utterly rediculous that they would rather put a dog down then to let them go to a good comfortable home to live out it's remaining days for free. Hopefully she will be able to work this out. Fingers crossed.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I have PM'd her and asked that she speak with the shelter about payment options as I would prefer to pay the shelter directly. Waiting to hear from her.
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Oh for God's sake! What IS it with these so-called "Organisations"?? I thought such bureaucracy only existed over here!
I'm sorry to have to say this and be a little bit catty, but i'm sure they would JUMP at any old guy's credit card if it came to the question of Euthanasia ...! Shame on them!!
Keep your chin up Nicole/Laura, there has to be a solution, there just HAS to be!
Watching this space...
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Any updates on this chow? The shelter link no longer works......I hope this poor old chow made it out ok.
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Same here, I have been thinking about this poor Chow and what eventually happened? Hope the $ were found?
Love to the Chow whoever she may be.....and anyone human or animal currently on this planet and in some kind of pain. :-L :-L
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

She is out and safe with Nicole. Apparently ResQPet helped and I think another rescue in Cali as well. She is going to the vet. Hopefully she is healthy. If not donations may come in handy down the road.