What walking lead to use??

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: What walking lead to use??

Post by christina chow mum »

Hi again Bucksey! and peeps :) Thanks for the thanks, ha ha and NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Choker for my Ming! Heaven forbid! You must have confused me with someone else (not surprising what with one thing and another....sigh). I only use a simple padded collar for walks which has Ming's "jewellry and nametag on it" ha ha. When we come back it comes off, coz as you rightly say, the fur gets tangled and it hurts to comb out...

I know "chokers" are used, many with metal prongs to "force the dog to behave"...for god's sake...In my own personal world I have seen these used by certain characters with a complex usually on bulldogs, bull mastiffs, rotties and pit bulls. Shame really.

About the photos, glad to have been of some help. I had a similar problem with getting a tiny photo into the avatar and finally selected my nice butterfly which I have kept. #-o #-o

Have you heard of a free download of Irfan View 4.33 :?: :?:
Its a program similar to Adobe Photo Deluxe.
You download it onto your desktop. When you open any photos you have uploaded they open in Irfan View.
From there you can shrink, enlarge, resize, do all sorts of lovely tricks, put text into them and frame them as well.
I am always mucking about with it. If you check some of my posts with photos you will see they have all been downsized, fixed, textd and framed. LOL!!
If its any help here is the link.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_irfanview/11979/

I think you'll love it almost as much as you love Keekee, ha ha. Yes, they do sleep a lot don't they?? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hope this help! Take care of you all, you nice peeps! \:D/ \:D/
Loving a Chow means never having to say your'e sorry.
DrewBear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by DrewBear »

Bucksey9 wrote:I cant upload the pics as my avatar because it says the pics are too big of a file :( looks like I will have to take some pics of kiki from my iPhone...
Your iPhone photos will also be too large. You will need to learn how to re-size your photos. It's fairly easy, but the admin will re-size it for you if you can't manage it. Here are links for more info:
http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19633
http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6360
'Bear' 1996 - 2011
Bucksey9
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bucksey9 »

Thanks christina chow mum for your kind essay haha :D.. I will probably get the chow forum admin to resize my image, I have just sent an email to him! thanks Christina chow mum and thanks drew bear for your help and links!!! :mrgreen: :D
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

=D= =D= =D= Any time....ha ha...best thing to get the guys in the know to sort you out...
Bucksey9
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bucksey9 »

Hey guys I found a harness I am interested in on ebay! :mrgreen: Its a leather one and doesnt have stitching underneath so it wont rub and mess up her beautiful chow fur. my sister told me to get that as she explained the reason as leather harness is the best for chows and make sure it doesnt have any stitching underneath so it wont rub against the fur and mess it up.

here is the link I found on the harness I am interested in for my chow girl :).. it even says "chow-chow harness" probably espcially made for chow chows! :D

here is the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... AQ:GB:1123

I would like to hear of your thoughts on this leather harness, thanks :D
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Great Rob! =D= =D= I just "linked in" on the WOZA CHOW HARNESS ha ha... Don't know what others will say, but personally I would have bought 6 of these....if i'd known they existed...sob!
It's a little different to the harness I got for Ming which was red nylon and padded but for all that it stood me in good stead over the years even with all the pulling, lunging and pushing about they do. LOL!

It looks the perfect thing for a Chow, very strong and with plenty of room for her eventual "mane". My only "quirk" Rob is that my harness was adjustable (like the straps you have on a laptop bag) as they do grow fast with little "fat" bellies and I can't really see if this harness is adjustable, even by clicking on the picture. Just a thought. Even females are very, very strong pullers and lungers. (That word again... #-o ). No joke on the old muscles, bones and joints!
Hope it's what Keekee wants for Christmas! Well done! =D= =D=
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

It's only me again Rob...ha ha. Sorry if this seems like "nit-picking" but I finally found a photo of EXACTLY the same harness I got for Ming, except his colour was red, made of really strong nylon with adjustable straps. I got it when he was about a year old and it lasted until last year so got about 5 or more good years out of it. It's in the souvenir cupboard now. he he! I took another look at your WOZA thing photo and enlarged it a lot. I see finally that underneath IT IS adjustable with holes like you have in a belt. So that's good. Like I said, even though my version served its purpose really well, I really would have preferred the WOZA one you have found. Can't have everything I spose. :wink: :wink: Ta ta for now! :) :)
Attachments
dog harness.jpg
dog harness.jpg (37.36 KiB) Viewed 5879 times
Bucksey9
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bucksey9 »

christina chow mum wrote:It's only me again Rob...ha ha. Sorry if this seems like "nit-picking" but I finally found a photo of EXACTLY the same harness I got for Ming, except his colour was red, made of really strong nylon with adjustable straps. I got it when he was about a year old and it lasted until last year so got about 5 or more good years out of it. It's in the souvenir cupboard now. he he! I took another look at your WOZA thing photo and enlarged it a lot. I see finally that underneath IT IS adjustable with holes like you have in a belt. So that's good. Like I said, even though my version served its purpose really well, I really would have preferred the WOZA one you have found. Can't have everything I spose. :wink: :wink: Ta ta for now! :) :)

Oh right I see! Im scared of getting that sorta harness you got for ming as it can rub again her fur causing itching and irritation #-o
I have messaged the guy on ebay explaining my situation about me having a 10 week old chow puppy and scared of the harness with be too big for her etc etc and he offered he can make one espcially for me if I give him the measurements!! :mrgreen: HOWEVER as keekee is still growing ALOT day by day Im scared me giving him her current measurements she would really quickly grow out of it in a few months. so I messaged him asking him what he can do for me, waiting for his reply now :mrgreen: :D wow christina chow mum you made me want this harness even more now! haha!

Mum says hello to you christina chow mum she thinks your a very lovely lady :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for your time to reply to me on all these questions I asked, and espcially you christina chow mum! their should be more people like you in this world your too nice and kind :D hehehe =D= :D
Bucksey9
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bucksey9 »

Im so sorry christina I forgot to mentioned about the choker lead))) Im so sorry I mentioned a choker lead because it looked like you used a choker for ming in the photos, im so sorry my apologies :( :( Please forgive me<3333
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

OI YOU!! Stop all that apologising, you hear me? Otherwise I shall pop round for tea and complain to your Mum! LOL! Also stop being a "scardeycat" about keekee...you'll make her paranoid! LOL!
You know what happens to scardeycats in Grammar School, e? This gang of right yobos in school uniforms, wearing school ties, Dr. Martens boots and smoking their heads off wait for you to come out when the bell rings and god help us all ... black eyes all round! What memories....You are funny and you are totally, completely and forever more forgiven! =D= =D= =D= OMIGOD! Screaming with laughterrrrrrrrr! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Bucksey9
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bucksey9 »

christina chow mum wrote:OI YOU!! Stop all that apologising, you hear me? Otherwise I shall pop round for tea and complain to your Mum! LOL! Also stop being a "scardeycat" about keekee...you'll make her paranoid! LOL!
You know what happens to scardeycats in Grammar School, e? This gang of right yobos in school uniforms, wearing school ties, Dr. Martens boots and smoking their heads off wait for you to come out when the bell rings and god help us all ... black eyes all round! What memories....You are funny and you are totally, completely and forever more forgiven! =D= =D= =D= OMIGOD! Screaming with laughterrrrrrrrr! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Hahaha okay okay :mrgreen: :mrgreen: LOL!! O:)
hahahaha thanks Christina chow mum your perosnality is the greatest :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: hehehehehe xxxxxx \:D/ \:D/