Introducing Daisy

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Introducing Daisy

Post by Piff Poff »

Hi all, I haven't been around too much in the last year or so for various reasons, but I would like to share our new furkid with you :lol: Daisy (new name so we might and up reverting lol) came to us almost a month ago. She is 5 years old and a complete sweetheart, she adores Henry, Henry is wondering when she will be going as he thinks the cheese will run out. :shock: Daisy and Henry are getting on great and we couldn't have asked for a smoother transition, I just have to watch around eating as Daisy is VERY food motivated, but again, not really any issues, so may the harmony continue =D=
Attachments
20131026_173345 cropped.jpg
20131026_173345 cropped.jpg (185.69 KiB) Viewed 14764 times
20131026_171409 cropped.jpg
20131026_171409 cropped.jpg (246.78 KiB) Viewed 14764 times
Thank you Sweatpea
maikinda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Introducing Daisy

Post by maikinda »

Beautiful girl, congratulations!!

Laura
Attachments
Micah tag.jpg
Micah tag.jpg (12.41 KiB) Viewed 14756 times
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Lucky Henry to have his owner bring home a beautiful Chow lady friend for him. Best to keep them separated during feeding time until the two have established their positions in the pack with one another; this can take many months.
I recently found that all Chows were not like the ones I had been use too. :(
I have included a Photo one current and two past Chows enjoying a sniff together, earlier this year. O:)
Attachments
Leo Abby Zoey.jpg
Leo Abby Zoey.jpg (105.44 KiB) Viewed 14754 times
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

SWEET.. Henry looks like he is doing good with having Daisy by his side. Hope all goes well and glad your back on line..
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by christina chow mum »

Oh she's so scrumptious! What a gorgeous scrunched up, squishy Chow face!! =P~ =P~ \:D/ \:D/
Welcome to the pack Daisy and don't you worry about the cheese, from what I see you are so loved there will be plenty more of that! ha ha. Glad you get on okay with Henry but sssshhhh... women's Lib rules, right Daisy LOL! \:D/ \:D/

Good God wokman,. you posted a pic the right way round! Way to go! LOL!
Take care!
Loving a Chow means never having to say your'e sorry.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

She's a beauty. Love the wrinkly face! Glad she is getting along with Henry. Congratulations!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Thanks all for the replies.

Wokman, never fear, they have two bowls,we also free feed, so there is no hurry for food. if one is eating and the other wants to eat, they go to a bowl that's not being used and then they will swap, I sit in between them when there are special things to eat for example Henry's Metacam lol, the bowls are a decent distance apart as well. Daisy also slept in our room last night, a first \:D/ Only problem is she snores, OMG, we thought Henry snored, you have honestly never heard anything like it, the whole house shakes :lol:
Thank you Sweatpea
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chow4life »

Congratulations to Daisy on her new home! Just think double the trouble, and double the purple kisses:-)
Daisy and Henry look great together, and I must say Henry's a pretty handsome fella.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

She's adorable, welcome Daisy. Don't worry Henry, I'm sure your mom will make sure you don't run out of cheese! :D
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

"................Only problem is she snores, OMG, we thought Henry snored, you have honestly never heard anything like it, the whole house shakes :lol:...."

Ha ha ha! So does Ming and so did my ex-husband and he was a bit of an old dog as well.........Like sleeping next to a smouldering volcano or an earthquake in progress it was....! Is there NO escape from this torment?? LOL!! \:D/ \:D/

Pssssttt! Maybe Naturvet's "Quiet Moments" might help you/Daisy with the snoring....? Just a thought...
Sweet dreams to all! \:D/ \:D/
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

P.S. Or....you could try slipping her some of that Sebastian Bach horsey/doggy stuff you told me about in my "Crate" topic...LOL!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Lol Chloe is banned from the bedroom because of how loud she snores! I can still hear her with the door closed!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Know all about it. My rocket scientist Vet told me to use wax earplugs and put a muzzle on Ming.. with the result that I overslept, missed several appointments and Ming couldn't eat or drink!! Gave it up as a bad job in the end and now just grin and bear it. After all, I love Ming more than any old ex-hubby, snoring up to the skies or not! LOL!
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Daisy's snores are partially due to prior health issues, she's had half her tonsils removed and had facial surgery too, I keep meaning to record the noise, it's a bit like concord hitting the sound barrier when she really gets going.
Thank you Sweatpea
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Oh bless her! \:D/ Well it seems she's got the right Chow daddy now! Ming's never had any surgery, never been ill, but you did make me grin coz I always thought it was only little kids that had their tonsils out....? Trying to deal with the strain of imagining a Chow with sore tonsils and where you would put the aspirins....LOL!! Mind blowing! \:D/ \:D/

When I was driven almost to 1st Degree Murder (thinks: thank god they abolished hanging in the U.K.....hum) with my ex impersonating a pneumatic drill on overtime all night, his doctor told me to put one of those clips on his nose that you use for underwater swimming or those girl teams use that do "all together synchronised dances" in swimming pools at the Olympics....while he was asleep snoring..... LOL!

I shall say no more coz i'm a lady and not in the habit of blaspheming....oooops!
:oops: :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: Tsk tsk.
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

My husband was always moaning at Henry for snoring, ow neither of them get moaned at lol. Yeah apparently Daisy had facial surgery too with 160 stitches when she was just 6 months old bless her heart.
Thank you Sweatpea
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Oh dear, POOR, poor little Daisy, what happened to her Piff Poff :?: :?: She is so beautiful don't like to think of her having been in pain. :cry: :cry:
Now what does this remind me of? Like I said, Ming's never had "surgery" per se, or been ill, but he HAS had a LOT of stitches.....groan...and i'm STILL angry about it!

When he was 18 months old coming back in my car from the beach, we got out with my daughter to get something from a local Kiosk. The guy that had the Kiosk had kind of "adopted" a huge and brutal, very nasty stray German Shepherd which was never tied up, roamed around freely, chasing cars, biting kids, you name it. There had been a lot of complaints but nothing done. Welcome to Greece....tra la la :roll: :roll:

So, before I could get my change this wild animal "attacked" Ming who had been standing quietly next to me on his lead. God, it was terrible! I couldn't free him so he could run away, as people say you should when this happens, as the lead had got caught in my bag!.. I was frantic! Have you ever heard a Chow scream. :?: You don't wanna ever. A bus driver stopped his bus, got down and tried to help, people in shops all came out shouting and trying to get this creature off Ming. Total nightmare! :-x :-x In fact a guy filmed it with his I-phone and the whole horror film ended up on our local website! Cringe... :oops: :oops:

Finally, we got the dog off Ming who was in shock and bleeding badly underneath, all down his legs. The kiosk owner then went about beating the hell out of this dog with a plastic wire and screaming and shouting at it, but frankly I couldn't have cared less...sad to say. We went straight to the Vet who saw us urgently. Ming ended up with 79 stitches along his belly, his penis, testicles and inner thighs had almost been ripped to shreds so the Vet had to neuter him there and then, sew his penis and what was left of the testicles and treated the inner back thighs. I thought I was going to die from crying. Now his testicles are the size of tiny hazlenuts instead of the tennis balls he had before and he has a very tiny penis, poor little boy. No girlfriends or babies for him!
The idiot rocket scientist Kiosk owner refused any responsibility saying the dog wasn't his and that it just sort of "hung around" the kiosk.

The epilogue to this was that about 6 months later, a guy went up to the same kiosk, pointed a gun at the owner and before he could get any cash the same dog attacked him so the guy shot the dog stone dead and ran off!!

It still makes me angry to remember Ming's pain and the screams and maybe the adage "revenge is sweet" might apply, but I blame the monster who set the dog free or abandoned it in the first place!
Take care Piff Poff, Daisy and Henry! :) :)
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Oh no poor Ming what a heartbreakingly sad storey, thank god he survived :cry: You must have been terrified. Thankfully Daisy's surgery wasnt caused by anything near as traumatic. When she was a baby she had really bad allergies that made her face swell up, making her skin too big, so she had some removed, I am 99% sure she had entropian surgery too, we were also told she had tonsils removed too, so all of that points to sounding lije a rhinoceros when she snores and roars.
Thank you Sweatpea
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Oh bless her! Poor ickle thing. It's amazing what our Chows can go through and survive and be happy, e? Good for you for loving her and Henry, snoring and all!!
Take care all of you :) :) !
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

She's a very pretty girl. Congrats!