General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Dunx1977
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hello From Duke in Scotland

Post by Dunx1977 »

Hi Guys,

This is our new puppy Duke who is now 5 months old, Look forward to many discussions and chats with you all xx
Attachments
IMG_20131030_072955.jpg
IMG_20131030_072955.jpg (41.35 KiB) Viewed 12718 times
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Hello From Duke in Scotland

Post by chow4life »

What a beauty Duke is. Welcome, and can't wait to hear stories and of course pictures are awesome to:-)
rmb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rmb »

what a gorgeous boy, congratuations!
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Congrats on such a handsome chowboy and welcome to this website!
Jennifer & Sheena
Dunx1977
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Dunx1977 »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, really appreciate it. Here's a more up to date picture (just to prove it doesn't constantly rain in Scotland) lol xx
Attachments
duke.1.jpg
duke.1.jpg (34.97 KiB) Viewed 12704 times
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chow4life »

I know i've already said this but Duke is absolutely gorgeous!
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

I visited Scotland a year ago? and met up with one of the other chow people on this site and she showed me a wonderful time in Scotland and it only rained one day out of the four days there! I loved Scotland and thought it was very beautiful we stayed in a bed and breakfast that was a working sheep farm still so we got to watch them herd the sheep for shearing while we were there!
Love the photos too!
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

He looks as noble, as any Duke should. %%-
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by christina chow mum »

Welcome home Duke!! :D :D He reminds me of my Ming. Absolutely marvellous and proud even now when so young. Maybe a future Mascot for the Black Watch Regiment I dare say! He will find many friends here and so will you :!: If you live in the Highlands it will be marvellous walks for him. I live in Greece and its FREEZING today! BBBrrrr.. Welcome welcome and thanks to your Chow daddy for making you part of his life. (Thinks: THAT won't last long...you will become more of his life than he thinks as the days and months go by...LOL). =D= =D= =D=
Take care!
Loving a Chow means never having to say your'e sorry.
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ski »

Love your country...and what a gorgeous chow. Welcome. Great photos
Alexandra88
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Alexandra88 »

Duke looks so much like my Hugo!!!

Hugo is based in London, he is so famous now; on the weekends we take him everywhere with us. Shops, markets, pubs, cafes he just comes along. He is so well behaved! Where did Duke come from.. they really do look a like?
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Oh dear Alexandra, you have made me feel SO HOMESICK!! lol lol!! But as home will always be where Ming (Mingaki the Greek LOL) lives, then I forgive you! \:D/ \:D/ :D :D We are just dancing a little "knees up Mother Brown" just for Hugo.... take care!!
Dunx1977
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Dunx1977 »

We're having a great time with the wee man, he's a welcome addition to our family. We did have another Chow Chow a couple of years ago Zeus Khan, but unfortunately he was a victim of in-breeding and died of a heart attack 2 days before i gave birth to our son in 2010. We were completely heartbroken (my husband especially, he's had german shepherds his whole life) but i have had chows since i was 6 weeks old (well my parents did) and wouldn't consider any other breed and my Hubby absolutely fell in love with Zeus but unfortunately his short life was full of pain and discomfort of which his wee heart gave out. MY hubby wouldn't discuss Zeus at all until about 6 months ago, he said it hurt too much but said he was ready for another dog and when i asked what breed he said "chow chow, is there any other breed!!" lol

So after searching and searching for a breeder that we trusted wee Duke finally arrived and we couldn't be prouder of him, he's really good with our 1 1/2 year old and our 3 1/2 year old who he lets climb all over him and he's a fantastic friend to both me and my hubby. Couldn't imagine life without him now!!

Sorry for the long post!!! xx
Dunx1977
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Dunx1977 »

Duke babysitting William xx
Attachments
2013.11.09.11.59.27 (1).jpg
2013.11.09.11.59.27 (1).jpg (28.07 KiB) Viewed 12601 times
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

No need to apologise! I know I get carried away when "talking" about Ming. It's a lovely story!.Good ol' Duke!
What got my attention was the word "wee" which of course is the Scottish dialect for "little or small". My daughter was born in Greece, speaks English just like me with no Greek accent. When she was at school she had a friend called Esther whose Mother was Scottish from Wishaw and her Father Akis, Greek.
The hilarious thing is that even after all these years my daughter speaks English but using the Scottish word "wee".

Mama, there's a wee shop. Mama, i'll be back in a wee second....
Oh what fun! Thanks for the memory!
Take care of you and keep on loving your Duke!
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Dunx1977
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Dunx1977 »

I use wee in just about every sentence, which unfortunately has rubbed off on my daughter Kayla. She says wee all the time now!! She's 3 going on 30!!

Must be lovely to stay in a warm country!! i'm afraid we'll always stay in Scotland, so not much chance of heat for us - it's minus 3 today!! Duke is loving it though!! Can't wait till he gets to play in the snow, our old chow Zeus used to love it!!

Dxx
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Ha ha, thanks! The country's OK with all the sun, ancient ruins and aegean islands. It's the religion, politics, "ancient" traditions and customs I have trouble with...but still trying to get past it to the end...ha ha!
Kayla...a beautiful name. My daughter's 30 next year going on 4 and a half where she'll always be in my mind. LOL!
Take care! :) :)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

He is a good looking Chow. I hope we hear more about him as he grows.