Walkie walkie, lookee see!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Walkie walkie, lookee see!

Post by christina chow mum »

It’s November, the wind is cold and bitter bbbbbrrrrrr....but for all that there are hundreds of plants, flowers, roses all still blooming in my tiny town. If this was the U.K. they would have been long dead and hibernating so I thought I would let you guys see what Ming and I see on our daily walks, even in chilly November just for the Chow fun of it!
Attachments
THE LITTLE MAIN STREET WITH PALMS AND ORANGE TREES.jpg
THE LITTLE MAIN STREET WITH PALMS AND ORANGE TREES.jpg (71.94 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
WHITE JASMINE GROWING UP A PALM TREE.jpg
WHITE JASMINE GROWING UP A PALM TREE.jpg (73.18 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
BLUE JASMINE OUTSIDE THE RAILWAY STATION.jpg
BLUE JASMINE OUTSIDE THE RAILWAY STATION.jpg (75.79 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
Loving a Chow means never having to say your'e sorry.
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

A few more November pics

Most of the sidewalks in my tiny town are covered with planters full of flowers outside shops, supermarkets and apartments. I really can't imagine what it would be like to live in a "cement city" and not see these wonders of nature every day... :lol: :lol:
Attachments
PRETTY PLANTD SIDEWALKS.jpg
PRETTY PLANTD SIDEWALKS.jpg (63.24 KiB) Viewed 4291 times
MING TAKING ME FOR A WALK.jpg
MING TAKING ME FOR A WALK.jpg (83.79 KiB) Viewed 4291 times
WHITE BOUGAINVILLA GROWING OVER MY NEIGHBOUR'S FENCE.jpg
WHITE BOUGAINVILLA GROWING OVER MY NEIGHBOUR'S FENCE.jpg (68.12 KiB) Viewed 4291 times
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Walkie walkie, lookee see!

Post by chow4life »

Lucky Ming what a beautiful sight to see everday, so green and lush. I bet the Jasmine smells wonderful!
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ski »

How lovely! All of our leaves have dropped!! Loki loves sniffing the leaves for scent of deer. Won't be long before there are chow prints in the snow
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

Love the pictures. Ming could be Lilly's brother. Took Lilly out for her next to the last walk at 6 p.m. & it could be in the middle of the night it is so dark. It's snowing and Lilly looked like a snow princess. One more walk at 10 pm. We are careful of the beasties of the forest. It does get a little spooky that time of night. Enjoy you beautiful little town. \:D/
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Looks like and must smell like a Paradise compared to the image described to us over the past two years by our News Media. Variable cold to moderately warm here as Winter approaches. Most trees have shed their leaves which litter the Forest floor. Deere have taken on a darker color and some of the (Male) Bucks are sporting large Racks.
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Thanks guys for the kind comments. Even though I occasionally moan and groan about Greece's infrastructure, culture shocks, politics, etc. it really is a beautiful place to walk through especially with a Chow. :) :)

I would give anything to see Deer or even snow again! Just an itsy bitsy few flakes pliz pliz .... :roll:
I remember the stags on the Scottish mountains, huge marvellous, proud creatures and all that heather, just like a carpet as you leave the English border to go into the Highlands. Memories. :cry: :cry:

Yes, the jasmine smells marvellous at night. There is a another plant in Greece which only flowers at night, grows in front gardens and can be found all over the Greek islands. Its called "Nightflower". The smell is really overpowering on hot summer nights. When I first came to Greece I lived in Crete for a year. I was so in love with this plant that I picked a whole bunch of it, stuck it in a vase of water in my bedroom only to wake at 4a.m. suffocating and almost choking to death #-o #-o There is a Greek myth that if the Nightflower "doesn't like you" or you plant it in a place it just doesn't like, then it wont flower or smell at night. So much for Greek myths! I have managed to "grow" a branch of blue jasmine and so far I have had two lovely blue flowers in my yard. \:D/ \:D/

You are right Wokman, I sincerely believe that its the Media that governs us all, the CNN's the NBC's, the BBC's - the "quick buck on people's backs, politics, religion, wars, famine, strikes, unemployment" industry. They are the idiots that told us more than 10,000 people had died in Tacloban in the Philippines when their President has declared about 3,000 max. /:) /:) (Three thousand too many if you ask me...) And yes, I agree there are parts of Greece, mainly central Athens, that now look like Detroit city on a good day mostly due to rioters, protests, demonstrations against the EU "Troika" and just "smashing up the place for the hell of it, where tourists "fear to tread" at night" :roll: :roll: In fact, today is the 40th anniversary of the fall of the Junta /Greek Colonels in 1973 which is celebrated by thousands marching to the US Embassy in protest with molotovs, water hoses and tear gas rounding up the "proceedings" with a bang tonight and every year, against demonstrators from the working classes, far right and anti-fascist groups. 7,000 police, 60 riot squad battalions and various other "military" units are all on standby in the centre to await the yearly "developments." :oops: :oops:

Note for Me&Tess: Pppssst!.... =; =; On our way back from our long midday walk I spotted a baby palm tree about 6 inches high across the road in the grass which had obviously grown from a fallen palm kernel so tonight during our last "pee for peace" walk I shall have that little plant and put it in a pot....oh yes I will! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Take care! :)
Attachments
MING'S NEW TEDDY - THE OLD ONE GOT MURDERED!.jpg
MING'S NEW TEDDY - THE OLD ONE GOT MURDERED!.jpg (40.82 KiB) Viewed 4244 times
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

Wow, I have never been to Greece and hope to visit there with my Chestnut someday. Travelling overseas will be stressful for her though :-(
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

:D Ha ha thanks Constantina (a very famous Greek name...). Anyone is welcome to visit with their Chows, only thing is my tiny studio flat is so small that Ming and I have to juggle around the coffee table to get to anywhere... :roll: :roll: :roll: However I have a very large closed in yard and chowlies and their Chows are welcome to pitch their tents there, anytime! There is a hose in the yard for cooling them down in a long 40oC Summer...(pheeeeew!).
Below is a picture of the local Greek orthodox Church in the town square. The blue and white balloons signify that a baby boy is being baptised inside. Cute, e?
See you around the Forum and take care!
Attachments
GREEK CHURCH.jpg
GREEK CHURCH.jpg (62.23 KiB) Viewed 4227 times
sara
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sara »

christina chow mum wrote::D Ha ha thanks Constantina (a very famous Greek name...). There is a hose in the yard for cooling them down in a long 40oC Summer...(pheeeeew!).
Ok for sun loving folk, i would like it but i think the chows prefer the cold cold winters that other parts of the world have to offer and especially the cold white stuff. :lol: