Traffic jammerrrrrrr!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Traffic jammerrrrrrr!

Post by christina chow mum »

We all know about how stubborn Chows can be, some more than others. I happen to own one of the “more stubborn than others”....sigh. There have been infuriating times lately where Ming will stand dead still in the street or park and refuse to budge forward or back! Thank god this usually only happens when we are alone in the park far from the strange gazes of passers-by lol! The only way I can deal with this is to trick him by taking a few steps in the direction he wants to go then do a swift about turn to go where I want us to go. That more or less works... kind of.

Yesterday morning my daughter took Ming for his walk instead of me. She doesn’t live in this area so instead of going our daily routine walk along the railway lines away from traffic which he knows with his eyes shut, she took him down the bustling high street, saw the park to the right, decided to cross the road with busy traffic at the T-junction and waited while the traffic lights changed to “walk”.
Lately this word has left Ming’s dictionary temporarily but for all that he took a few tiny steps when she said “go”, then..... guess what?

Yep!! He stopped dead right in the middle of the junction, cars left and right, trucks, buses, garbage trucks, all piled up at the traffic lights changing from red to green, orange, red, green....car horns hooting , sirens screaming, Greeks screaming and swearing, but Ming STOOD his ground...oh yes! :roll: :roll:

She couldn’t make him move an INCH, was getting quite desperate and extremely embarrassed :oops: :oops: :oops: by this whole unexpected fiasco when a driver got out of his car, picked Ming up in one great lump with his lead swinging in the air and dumped him very ungraciously on the sidewalk!! Hoo hoo... naughty naughty Ming! Now what did I tell you about creating a scene in public, e? Tsk tsk...

When she phoned to tell me about it she was furious! She said “That dog’s a lunatic! He's raving mad! He's not normal! You’re both candidates for the “funny farm”!!! DON’T ask me to take him anywhere again, coz he just won’t GO! If that wasn't bad enough, this guy in a car, really furious, FINALLY driving away from Ming’s private traffic jam and obviously now very late for work, called out to her....Oi Lady! You got a licence to take that Lion for a walk?....”
Hilarious, crying with laughter, poor daughter, poor drivers. :wall: :wall: :wall:
Loving a Chow means never having to say your'e sorry.