Does anyones Chow do this??

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Does anyones Chow do this??

Post by kitten1426 »

Our Male chow Kodi after he eats goes to get a stuffed toy not all the time but he does do it a few times a week he will bring it to us and he will let us take it/give it to us,we give it back to him he and he will carry it around for a little bit...Anybody elses chow do this, is this anything special or is he just being cute...lol.
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
Mokoto
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Does anyones Chow do this??

Post by Mokoto »

Lol so Cute,

Our boy does something similar. When we've been out for a while, we walk through the front door and he goes wild for a little bit. gets a few fusses, and then runs off and grabs something. This could be one of his toys, a slipper, anything he can fit in his mouth. We refer to them as welcome home presents.
We take them off him, give them back, then off he runs out the back garden to play fetch with it(obviously we only let him take his toys out the back, not my slippers!!!) He literally throws the object with ike a twisting motion, very funny to watch. Will get a video up at some point.
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

That is cute...Kodi only does this after he eats...lol..no other time...when he is happy to see us he will paw us...thats funny he come up to you and hits you with his Paw...lol...
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ski »

Every so often, when we come home, Frisco will go to his toy box and greet us with a furry friend. He does have his favorite..a hedgehog. He has chewed off one foot ...after a few minutes he loses interest and poor little hedgehog is abandoned once again. Loki, on the other hand, wouldn't touch a toy. He is way too cool for toys. He looks judgementally at Frisco with his hedgehog.
CocoLeBear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CocoLeBear »

Coco doesn't do that after she eats, but she will sometimes greet me when I get home and then run off and get a toy and bring it right to me. It almost seems like she is so excited, she has to express herself with a toy.
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JasonandNat »

Yeah ShenLung has a stuffed beaver he has been fond of between the age of 4yrs and 6yrs (current) and carries it around quite a bit. He kept it from FengHuang and now keeps it from FuShiLu. FuShiLu keeps sneaking in and grabbing Eeyore's (Lionheadd rabbit) stuffed bunny which we think is funny as she totally ignores Eeyore! She then tries to consume said fake bunny.
YMMV
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YMMV »

Leah does something similar. She will either want to play tug of war or want to play fetch inside the house. lol. \:D/
eveelima
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by eveelima »

Kiara just greets me at the door with her favorite toy too, haha
But after she eats she just lies down at my feet normaly, nothing special
morgan99
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by morgan99 »

Oh, the chow tree root sit, I know that one well. I think they must all do it (mine all have anyway) and not always in the most convenient place. Maybe Whitby wasn't quite finished with that side of the street yet. :D Cocoa will do that when she decides that we should be going back the way we came from. Glad that it all worked out okay in the end. Good girl Whitby for ignoring the little yapper. =D= Cocoa hates those dogs too, she has no problem with small dogs but the little yippy ones drive her nuts.
lizmof
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lizmof »

My Kyra is very expressive with her toys, she will go after them whenever she is happy/sad/excited/etc. When I get home from work, after meals or treats, etc. She will often involve people around her with her toys too, and will bring them over to show off.

In the winter (almost a year ago) I sprained my ankle jogging with Kyra, and was on crutches for a month. Normally I walk her every day, and she was quite upset that I wasn't able to and didn't want anyone else to walk her, not even my husband. During this time I would have my feet up on the couch at night with ice, and Kyra would always make sure I would have one of her toys with me. If it fell off the couch, she would come and pick it up and put it on my lap. So very cute! Sometimes she would do the same with her treats, so I would be sitting with her toy and half eaten bone
eveelima
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by eveelima »

Kiara uses toys to cheer me up whenever I'm really sad about something. If she hear me cry or another sound that indicates pain, she might be fast asleep, but she wakes up, gets her favorite ball and bring it to me like "hey, this will solve all your problems". And she also likes to lie down next to me, so one day I woke up with terrible pain on my leg, and was screaming because it really hurt, so she got on my bed and stepped over me to lie down with me, at the end she just touched my leg all the time making it hurt even more hahaha, but glad she cares lol
Chico
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chico »

Our girl Chico is nearly 9 months old and does a few similar things....
At night when we're on the couch watching tv she'll get something she can chew (a bone, a stick etc) and come and sit in the same spot on the same couch every night...we have an L shaped couch so she jumps on the L part and will snuggle in between the person and the couch and prop her legs and head over it and just chew on what ever she has

Also (and I think this may be an anxiety thing as we used to give her treats before we left the house) most times when we give her a treat or a bone she will put it in her mouth however she will not put it down until someone is sitting down with her...cant tell you how many times she's followed me around the house with food in her mouth. as soon as I sit down she'll come and sit next to me and put the treat on my lap or in my hands.

Lucky girl comes nearly everywhere with us now so no more separation anxiety for either of us....it will be interesting when she's full size and tried to lie all over us haha
BusterBoo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BusterBoo »

Buster used to treasure sewn-together rawhide "toys" as if they were babies. He would carry them everywhere, and cried like a baby when I wouldn't let him take them along on walks. Shadow doesn't do that, but he also plays with toys, which Buster never did. Shadow shares all his toys with his Peke pal; they both just love them. Cracks me up!