Women, unsympathetic towards neutering

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

gebower
Rank 1
Rank 1

Women, unsympathetic towards neutering

Post by gebower »

It's true but, they won't fess up except in other ways. In a way, I can understand that, since they don't see this experience in a "personal" way. How could it be "personal"???????????????? "No big deal." Yeah, no big deal, I was upset for about three weeks after Max got neutered. I had trouble forgiving myself about it and it still haunts me. Of course, my wife said "Will you get over it?" Why? She's a woman. What does SHE know about this???????????
So, neuter your male Chow????? Good luck with that everyone. Guys, you understand me. I KNOW you do.
Gene
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Women, unsympathetic towards neutering

Post by Piff Poff »

Having known men who have been neutered and having been spayed myself, I know men have a far easier time than women. Sooo I'm cwith uour wife, get over it :)

On another note, nwhen Henrybear was neutered we found out he was aloergic to the glue and he got an infection, poor puppy had a really rough time for about a week, we thought we were going to lose him, lots of cuddles with mum on the couch and lots of laying on the cold cold snow.
Thank you Sweatpea
Grab
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Grab »

Is this serious?

I am sympathetic towards any of my pets having any surgery. That said, ovariohysterectomies (spaying) is a far more in depth surgery than castration. I did not experience any angst when my female had her ovaries and uterus removed....

As the person who does anesthesia during said surgeries, I'm well aware of what the surgery entails as well as recovery period. All of my pets have received adequate pain control.
Crumpet
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Crumpet »

Just for fun, let's throw a little education into the mix and add that a man getting a vasectomy is not the same thing as a male dog being neutered. Not even close. A man who gets the v-snip is not desexed, he's still fully a man, he just can't knock anyone up. He still has his testicles, for heaven's sake. All the juice, none of the seeds.........my favorite combination. Many men feel their libido increase after a vasectomy, liberated from the worry of causing an unwanted pregnancy. Seriously, human men need to get over this whole business about worrying that neutering their male dogs is cruel. That silliness has largely contributed to the pet overpopulation problem (that and people just being too cheap or lazy to get it done). :(
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

So now this is a war of the *Censored Word* and women are insensitive jerks [oh the irony]...we could say women are unsympathetic, but could also say men over react when it comes to fixing a male dog [why do you not feel bad for female dogs, who's surgeries are much more involved?]. Truth, reality...dogs, both male and female, go on to live content and happy lives after being fixed. They do not get wrapped up in their doggy bits and once they are gone, so are the hormones and instincts that drive them to mate.
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

I'm not insensitive to neutering - just insensitive to overly macho twaddle!
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Now, mind you this is coming from a male who has not neutered my male. Nor do i intend to spay my female. BUT, i have very good reasons for this as both are AKC Conformation dogs working towards championship designations.

This is my 1st go round with a female, so i am not as up on the risks, pregnancy aside with leaving female dogs unaltered, but with males, the documentation is very clear. Unless the dog is showing, breeding, etc, the health risks for testicular cancer far outweighs the 'perceived' assault on the dogs manhood. As Applebear said, the dog does not have any egotistical attachment to those parts as humans do. Neutering your dog is a responsible action that affords him a better health outlook and prevents unwanted dogs being put down in shelters.
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Crumpet wrote:Just for fun, let's throw a little education into the mix and add that a man getting a vasectomy is not the same thing as a male dog being neutered. Not even close. A man who gets the v-snip is not desexed, he's still fully a man, he just can't knock anyone up. He still has his testicles, for heaven's sake. All the juice, none of the seeds.........my favorite combination. Many men feel their libido increase after a vasectomy, liberated from the worry of causing an unwanted pregnancy. Seriously, human men need to get over this whole business about worrying that neutering their male dogs is cruel. That silliness has largely contributed to the pet overpopulation problem (that and people just being too cheap or lazy to get it done). :(
I guess this is aimed at me? Do you really think I dont know that, it was a humorous post in response to a humorous thread start, but then I forgot this forum doesn't really do humour very well, we should all have our serious heads on at all times :roll:
Thank you Sweatpea
Crumpet
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Crumpet »

Yes, my post was in response to your original message. I can appreciate it if you meant it in jest, but I don't think it is a lack of humor on our part that we didn't take it that way. The sad fact is, there are many human males who feel exactly the way you described when it comes to neutering male dogs. We've all seen the negative repercussions of their decisions not to do it. :evil: Also, plenty of people use the term 'neutering' interchangeably with 'vasectomy', when they are just not the same thing. :roll: So, when writing about a serious topic in jest it might be helpful to use emoticons or otherwise indicate you are being satirical or sarcastic. I'm sorry that you felt attacked by what I wrote if you weren't being serious. :)
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Jeez, surely from the very 1st post on this topic on THIS particular thread was aimed at a 'lighter hearted' conversation - or that's how I read it and this IS the most SERIOUS forum I belong too and it's getting worse. emoticons are pretty impossible to use when on a android thingy with this forum too. Please don't lecture me, I've been around here longer than you, I just choose not to post too often as attacking people is the main response. I have just joined an alternate breed forum for some information on that particular breed, they are a much friendlier bunch. I am going to post one more post on a different topic thanking someone and then adios, I'm outta here.
Thank you Sweatpea
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

This ended like the movie Dr. Strange Love with the Cowboy ]):) B-52 Pilot, riding the Atom bomb down to Earth.
[:D] =}=