Dog on a Brooklyn ledge

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chunkymonkeys
Rank 1
Rank 1

Dog on a Brooklyn ledge

Post by chunkymonkeys »

I saw this video earlier today and was so surprised that I recognized a Chow so quickly! I'm not the most tech savvy, so I hope the video link posts OK. If not, it's on Youtube with the title listed above; I found it first on MSNNOW.com. :shock:

http://youtu.be/VsYZPjB2TFU
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Dog on a Brooklyn ledge

Post by wokman »

Yikes :!: :shock: Good thing for the fireman that Chow was well Socialized; or smart enough to just let itself be rescued. Must have been Chow curiosity that lead it out on the ledge :?: :roll:
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Good grief! That was a nail-biting few minutes then I called Fred and watched it again. :shock:
Thank goodness it was rescued and well done the fireman. =D=
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
gebower
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by gebower »

Great Chow, could see that right off the bat. Why? I've had Chows for a while. He had a sweet personality and that boy needed to be rescued. He was ready for it. Pretty, pretty Chow. The fireman who probably doesn't know Chows, won't eat anything when they're in distress. I praise the fireman. Big time. He's a hero to me. Big hero.
Gene.
Gene
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

What is weird is that this is the second video of a chow being rescued from a ledge this year. I went back to make sure it wasnt the same video and it wasnt. The last one was in Chicago and was even hirer up. In this video it looks like the windows have bars on them so how did the chow get out there anyway?
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

I fortunately haven't had to have firemen rescure my dog, but several years ago our cream Teddee went out a 2nd floor window and screen onto a porch roof. He must have seen something in the yard and went out the back. He managed to get back inside and out onto the front porch roof where a neighbor spotted him and called my wife. "your dog is on the roof".
gebower
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by gebower »

I know, it sounds like Chows aren't that afraid of heights? Maybe something new I'm learing about them? But, if theyr'e not afraid, they then can get themselves stuck in the situation. Someone once said that Chows are NOT like other dogs. Isn't that the truth. Quite different in many ways. Viva la difference. Not French, don't know how close I came on spelling that one.
Take care, Gene.
Gene
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Humm, my guess is there was probably pigeons out there on that ledge and this chow wanted to chase them away. They do have cat like traits they say...(walking ledges and ) chasing birds? Nikki was a ledge walker, but not out windows, but she would walk (sometimes run) along our retaining wall just like a cat would and chase the birds away.. she never fell and it was a good height. She would scare me at first then I got use to it. We tried to stop her even put chairs in front to deter her but she jumped on the chairs to get up..
Glad every thing turned out okay for the chow..and fireman.
lab1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lab1 »

the fireman has great luck. if the dog wansnt there and was not familiar with the ladge...things could have been turn ugly :|