NEVER coddle my Chows

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

gebower
Rank 1
Rank 1

NEVER coddle my Chows

Post by gebower »

I've had Chows for over 20 years and always let them know who the REAL boss is. That does NOT mean hurting them in any way, shape or form. God forbid. They will surely test you, believe me, if you're not the leader, they will be. I've said this before a long time ago, Chows are NOT for the faint hearted. But, on the other hand, I'll grab one of my Chows around the neck and give them a BIG kiss. Do this all the time. Why? Because I love them dearly. They can be head strong though. My first Chow was not like that though. He was a sweetheart. Big sweetheart. Wouldn't have any other dog.
Gene.
Gene
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: NEVER coddle my Chows

Post by Me & Tess »

Chows are very special! Had the best with Tess. She was truly my girl. Lilly is so different, she is also my girl. Wouldn't have any other than a Chow.
Auddymay

Re: NEVER coddle my Chows

Post by Auddymay »

Anyone who has been around a Chow more than a minute can appreciate the phrase 'let them know who the real boss is', because they test and push limits constantly. It reminds me of playing poker with skilled players and brings to mind another phrase 'if you don't know who the fish is at the table, it is you'. To those who don't know, a fish is an unskilled player who doesn't know it. Often times, I feel like mine are in cahoots to make me the fish.