Chows, hairiest dogs on earth

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

gebower
Rank 1
Rank 1

Chows, hairiest dogs on earth

Post by gebower »

Hair, hair and MORE hair! More hair than three other dogs. They could easlly live in Nome, Alaska and NOT be cold. Let's put it this way, if I were stranded in a very cold forest I would definitely want my Chows with me. They not only have the greatest fur on a dog but, a temp. of about 102. Yes, I'm ranting about my Chows some more. Love the guys. I've heard of women spinning their Chow's fur and it makes AWESOME sweaters, softer than anything and VERY warm. Not like wool, which can be scratchy. Need I say more about our Chows? I've picked up their "fluff" and it is very very soft, I can see it making awesome sweaters.

Gene.
Gene
twistedcaduceus
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Chows, hairiest dogs on earth

Post by twistedcaduceus »

Chows do have a lot of hair. I was debating whether I should have my 7 month old's fur spun. Right now I'm saving it and since I got her, I've accumulated half a garbage bag full. This does not include the ones that the groomer had brushed off during professional grooming sessions. About the world's hairiest dog, I think that goes to Tibetan Mastiffs. Those beasts are crazy fluffy and massive. LOL
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

If I had saved all the fur over the years I would have been able to fill a small room. :shock:
You can also use their fur in a garden to leave their scent to ward off critters that may ravage your food crop.:mrgreen:
Though your Chows would probably take care of that with their high prey instinct. Only my first Chow had the hunting instinct; not much escaped her territory. =P~ :twisted:
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Sorry Mrs. Kamie how could I forget, you also had the hunting instinct for Rabbits, Squirrels, Chipmunks, Cats, Deere, Opposum..........anything that moved. In the house rubber balls, tennis balls and VACUUM CLEANERS.
Rest in Peace my late shadow Chow.