General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

sjeane01
Rank 0
Rank 0

Healthy dog food recipie

Post by sjeane01 »

Hello-

Are there any other Cho owners who has a recipie to make your own healthy dog food.
JammyJoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Healthy dog food recipie

Post by JammyJoy »

There are many health benefits that come with preparing your dogs food at home. Knowing exactly what your dog is consuming gives peace of mind and reassurance they're getting what they need to maintain optimal health..
rmb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rmb »

I cook 6 lb ground turkey and mix with 2 lb steamed broccoli and 2 lb steamed sweet potatoes. Into that I blend finely chopped apple and pour over about 1/2 cup olive oil. This is what my chow gets for breakfast and for dinner, Purina Pro Plan salmon & rice.
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Our 4 dogs get cooked chicken,beef liver,chicken livers,chicken gizzards,pork liver...we also give them sweet potatoes,beans,carrots,oatmeal,yogurt,the get salmon oil.coconut oil,chia seeds, we mix kibble in with the cooked food we use taste of the wild,proplan grain free and 4 health..all grain free kibble...they seem to like it and its pretty good for them.
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida