my female is humping me??

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

beckysmyth92
Rank 0
Rank 0

my female is humping me??

Post by beckysmyth92 »

Hey guys, I haven't posted in quite a while! Dakota is now 14 months old and in her second heat! Im a bit concerned as today and yesterday she has been grabbing my arm and humping me? she has never done anything like this before and after she did it she licked my arms and then did a little gentle bite on my arm too im so confused? I told her NO! when she did it and she sat down with her tongue wagging as if she'd done nothing wrong lol but attempted to do it again a few minutes later and again I told her off.

Ive read it might be dominance but she generally is a well behaved dog she listens to commands and does what I tell her most of the time. Im wondering is she doing this because she's on heat or is it dominance? Please share any advice you may have :)

Thanks for reading :)
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: my female is humping me??

Post by kitten1426 »

If she is in Heat its possible thats why she is doing it...
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

I looked up a few sites and this is one that is in layman's terms. http://www.dogster.com/lifestyle/reason ... or-in-dogs It could be hormonal or maybe a dominance thing. My Tess learned the habit by her only dog friend, Buddy. She didn't mount humans, but Buddy got a few lessons when Tess dominated him. Don't be too hard on her - she is going through her "teenage" years.
beckysmyth92
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by beckysmyth92 »

Thanks guys :)

I had a read at that link thank you so much! I think it must be her hormones, she has been very affectionate from she came on heat! After she had dinner tonight (my partner served it to her) she came running into the living room and began thanking me by licking me and wagging her tail and she jumped up with her paws on my knees and lent over and licked my nose! :lol: :mrgreen:

Thanks again :D
Aileen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aileen »

Hi. Is it also normal for my 7 month old male chow to hump on a human? He does that to my son when he's seated on the floor. He doesn't bite or anything but is it hormones too? At 7 months!
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

Aileen, did you read the article? It gives seven reasons for the humping, including one when the dog (Chow) gets over excited, nothing to do with *Censored Word* motivation. I thought the article informative.
Mokoto
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mokoto »

beckysmyth92 wrote:Thanks guys :)

I had a read at that link thank you so much! I think it must be her hormones, she has been very affectionate from she came on heat! After she had dinner tonight (my partner served it to her) she came running into the living room and began thanking me by licking me and wagging her tail and she jumped up with her paws on my knees and lent over and licked my nose! :lol: :mrgreen:

That's Sweet,

Mokoto comes running in after foods and loooks at me for a few seconds before summoning up an almighty burp. I've heard that some asian cultures do this as a compliment to the Chef? I hope he's doing the same :P
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

beckysmyth92 wrote:Thanks guys :)

Being very affectionate is very normal while they are in heat. She sees you has her pack leader, (that's why she was thanking you for the food) and her out of wack hormones are confusing, human pack leader, with potential mate. The one thing you have to be careful of is if she decides your human partner, (if it's a female) is competition and your chow starts guarding her resource, YOU. Having your partner feed her is good, because it will keep the partner as the leader's mate in the chows mind.

I hope that made sense, trying to put this into words is difficult. But my best friend had a similar problem with her female dog when the dog was younger, my friend was competition and the dog would attack her when she and her husband were together, the only thing that kept my friend from being seriously hurt was that her husband was seen as leader and a word from him made the dog behave.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
lab1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lab1 »

sometimes they do that when they are in heat. but mostly its a control thing. dogs will hump you when they try to dominate you and show you that they are in control.