Charlie and Borscht Update (They're Back Together Again!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

JoeyKelly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Charlie and Borscht Update (They're Back Together Again!!

Post by JoeyKelly »

You may not remember, but starting last November I started having issues with my two dogs getting along. The female was attacking the male very viscously, and we had to separate them. Which was sad because Charlie, the male, was a stray we had taken in and at first they got along great! Well, time has passed and it seems as though Borscht has finally forgiven us for bringing another into the pack!! After a cold, cold several months we began experimenting with putting them together again. It was a little rocky at first as she would snarl at him a bit when he was eating but things were noticeably tamer. Day by day we'd let them be together more and more with her showing little to no signs of a temper towards him. And here we are, seemingly back to normal, the way things were when he first got here. They are playing great together even sharing food, sleeping next to one another even on each other!! Thanks so much to everyone to has said kind and helpful things... And to those who experience the same issue, my advice would be to simply be patient and love them as much as possible!! Here is a picture of them hanging out in the back yard:
Attachments
Together!.jpg
Together!.jpg (219.2 KiB) Viewed 4353 times
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Charlie and Borscht Update (They're Back Together Again!

Post by applebear »

So great to hear things are going much smoother now. You're right, a lot of times it just takes a lot of patience and love. :)
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

So good to hear Borscht has now accepted Charlie as her companion. :x O:)
They are fortunate to have kind and patience owners who understand the intelligence of this curious breed. =D=
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

Good work! x
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Well done! They really are lovely and I am glad they have settled down. =D= =D=
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JasonandNat »

Awesome! We knew it was going to happen!! I could post photos from when FengHuang educated Shenlung from the terrible two's. In the end they were best friends even if she had grumpy moments. FuShiLu and ShenLung are best if buds and she can be trying, but he is amazingly patient with her. Your chowlings should be fine!!