Our Chowgirl Shelly

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

SirDooFuss
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Our Chowgirl Shelly

Post by SirDooFuss »

She did watch over me. Actually I imagined she was running alongside me. I had a great race, bettering my March Oakland marathon time of 4:17 my 19 minutes to 3:58. But more importantly I had lots of comments and good discussions regarding Shelly's picture and our life together before, during and after the race with fellow runners. It was awesome!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I am so sorry. You made the hardest, yet most loving decision an animal's companion can make. She was a beautiful girl. Bless you all.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

what a lovely tribute to your Shelly, Iam sure she was running free right next to you!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

[-o| Godspeed, Shelly. We were so lucky to have known you. We know you watched over your dad for his run.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

My heart goes out to you & your family. You were bless with a very special chow and she was blessed when you rescued her. Her spirit will be with you always. She looked like my Lilly and had a similar personality of my Tess.
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

I’m so very sorry to hear of your loss. :( I’m sending you my deepest heartfelt sympathy. Please take comfort in knowing that even though Shelly is gone physically she will always be close to you in a special place in your heart and in the memory box of your mind.

My heart goes out to you at this time, knowing how hard that ultimate decision was to make. I was in your shoes little over 2 years ago. I rescued my beloved Chloe when she was 2 and she was 13 when I had to make that decision. I, like you, had a wonderful vet who came to my home when the time came. For me it was sad (which the word sad is inadequate) yet beautiful. After Chloe went to “sleep” she looked so relaxed and young again – if that makes any sense.

Dedicating your run in the marathon to Shelly was a beautiful way to pay tribute to her. =D= I secretly think Shelly’s spirit was nudging you and gave you a good tail wind to better your time. :)

Down the road when it is time for you to leave this earth, take comfort in knowing Shelly, with her tail wagging, will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Sending you a warm, comforting hug.

You are in my thoughts and prayers

Run free, Shelly

Take care
Pam
lab1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lab1 »

she is a lovly dog - looks happy and one that had a long good life behind her :)