Chow chow poops in unfamiliar places

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Aileen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow chow poops in unfamiliar places

Post by Aileen »

Hi all. I have a 6 month male chow named king. He's started to socialize with people in the neighborhood. He has no problems when going to grooming center and is even friendly well at times. My problem is when we're about to go for a walk or to the mall. He has his poops schedule in the morning and late in the afternoon two in the morning and two in the afternoon. Everytime we would go for a walk or when he gets to an unfamiliar place he poops. I make sure he has doggie diapers so he won't have to scatter all over. How do I resolve this?
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Chow chow poops in unfamiliar places

Post by Tippsy'smom »

If he has to poop, he has to poop. You can't fix that. Carry a plastic or paper bag with you and pick up after him and throw it away.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

Ro will only poo once or twice a day, like clockwork....no more, no less. But, if I take him on a walk...he magically has some to assure I have something to clean up. Never fails...I'll even have him go poo before the walk and he'll manage another. Reality, he's probably just marking...no one said it had to be urine. ;)
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JasonandNat »

Haha, ShenLung is like that, favorite thing is to poop on a tree, yes on. Butt high, ensuring it falls down the bark for max exposure! However for the first 2 years of his life, he would only poop in the yard. Held it for five days over Christmas as we were out east. Got home, went to the backyard and exploded. Scared us half to death, we already had him booked at he vets. Little buggers.
sk8thom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sk8thom »

Our Bubba Jr. does the poop in trees drill as well, or on top of bushes, but only after he does a dance worthy of DWTS. \:D/
Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Swerve »

Funny, Winston also only poops in shrubs or bushes. Very rarley direct on grass, will do a garden bed before grass.
RIP Duff, 01/12/1999- 24/10/2011
Winston, 15/04/2009 - current
Aileen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aileen »

Hi all... Thanks for your comments... I'd like to introduce to you my chow... His name is king...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (170.8 KiB) Viewed 5723 times
Aileen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aileen »

And another one... King @ 7 months old...
Attachments
And another one...
And another one...
image.jpg (228.32 KiB) Viewed 5723 times