Chow chow puppies wanted

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Leeds01
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow chow puppies wanted

Post by Leeds01 »

I'm currently looking for chow chow puppies, however every breeder I speak to tells me that theres been a real slow down on litter recently. Anybody know why? Or more importantly know anybody with chow puppies for sale (red or cream)
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Chow chow puppies wanted

Post by wokman »

Late Summer and early Fall seem to be the time when most litters occur.
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

Are you in Leeds UK? And prepared to travel?
Leeds01
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow chow puppies wanted

Post by Leeds01 »

Fozzbear wrote:Are you in Leeds UK? And prepared to travel?
Yes and yes.
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

Why do you want puppies rather than just one?
There are two KC registered breeders who had puppies in February, follow this link :
http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/servi ... 086&area=0
I can recommend a couple of breeders who I think are good and breed for health and lovely temperament, but you may have to wait for a bit.
Would you consider adopting an older chow?
sara
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sara »

do you know of a chow that needs adopting then, thats something that I'm always interested in.
my princess had been used to living with many dogs prior to us rescuing her, I'm pretty sure she misses that part of her old life, (thats the only part she misses though, I'm definitely sure of that) she gets really excited when she sees another dog and is so friendly towards them.
sara
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sara »

Leeds01, I contacted the chow chow council (amongst many others) when i was looking to buy one, I got to know of many breeders that way after emailing with the chairman/woman of the breed council..
Leeds01
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow chow puppies wanted

Post by Leeds01 »

Fozzbear wrote:Why do you want puppies rather than just one?
There are two KC registered breeders who had puppies in February, follow this link :
http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/servi ... 086&area=0
I can recommend a couple of breeders who I think are good and breed for health and lovely temperament, but you may have to wait for a bit.
Would you consider adopting an older chow?
I've already contacted the two breeders on the kennel club website and they've already received deposits on them. I've also tried gumtree, but they haven't got any either.
I don't want an older one, i'd like a puppy which I can nurture from a very young age.
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

Are you getting two pups at once?
sara
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sara »

I've sent you an email with a couple of ads for puppies, one ad was posted only one hour ago.
Leeds01
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow chow puppies wanted

Post by Leeds01 »

applebear wrote:Are you getting two pups at once?
No why
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

Just misread, sounded like you put deposits on a couple but I see what you meant...others put deposits on them.
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

Stay away from the chow breeders who breed Champions. You'd spend a fortune on medical expenses later.
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

Humphrey's breeder sometimes has older chows who have been returned to her Sara (part of the contract is that the puppies should be returned to her if for any reason they are no longer wanted - good breeders do this to ensure that their dogs never end up at shelters or with the wrong people). She hasn't any at the moment tho. I see adverts for older chows on epupz sometimes - often people who have had children and they don't want the 'bother' of a fur-baby too. It upsets me to see it and sometimes think that I should have got an older chow to keep Fozz company (wouldn't swap Humphrey tho, obviously).
There is a Chow rescue in London - they often get dogs that have been used to breed at puppy mills - terrible - they deserve a new life. Not sure if they have any in need of a home at the moment though.
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

sara wrote:do you know of a chow that needs adopting then, thats something that I'm always interested in.
my princess had been used to living with many dogs prior to us rescuing her, I'm pretty sure she misses that part of her old life, (thats the only part she misses though, I'm definitely sure of that) she gets really excited when she sees another dog and is so friendly towards them.
I have a chow that needs adopting, however he has some past abuse issues and I am looking for a very dedicated very patient CHOW person

I keep him separate in different half of house away from my other male

They get so far getting along, have played together and napped together but the second I start trusting them again wham!!!
he is fine with my females which he got my one pregnant, he was my ex husbands dog and he just dropped him off even after I said no

I certainly wasn't taking him to a shelter or advertising free to a good home because I want to be sure that he gets the best forever home

I feel connected to him as he came from the same hell I was in

He was isolated in a basement and from what I see in him he's definitely been struck, makes me sick as I write this

He is very very timid and jumpy but sweet as pie

I'd rather keep him separate then not find a GOOD home if that makes sense

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2