Dakotas first birthday!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

beckysmyth92
Rank 0
Rank 0

Dakotas first birthday!

Post by beckysmyth92 »

Sooo Dakota will be 1 year old next Tuesday 26th March and I am wanting to make her a doggy birthday cake! I was wondering if you guys had any recipes or ideas I could use :)

Thanks for all replies :)
qbear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Dakotas first birthday!

Post by qbear »

Hi! My Hampton is only 11wks, so no birthday cake yet, but he loooves cream cheese (and our puppy trainer recommended it). I think that'd be a great "frosting" :) By the way, Dakota is BEAUTIFUL!!! Post more pictures please!
- Hampton's Mama + Papa

qbear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by qbear »

Ok, thought about it more, and this is what I would do :)

Make a doggie liver cake (http://www.bdws.co.uk/2011/09/11/homema ... s-greates/) BUT in a round shape, add cream cheese frosting and bacon or chicken "shavings". Use doggie sticks as candles.
- Hampton's Mama + Papa

beckysmyth92
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by beckysmyth92 »

Thank you so much!

awwww thats a wonderful idea!! :D I will post pictures on Tuesday of her with her birthday cake :D Im so excited to make it! Dakota loves cottage cheese, Im sure she will love cream cheese just as much!

Hampton is so beautiful!!! I would love to give him a big cuddle!! I got Dakota when she was 11 weeks old and time has completely flew by! I can't believe she is going to be 1! She will forever be my baby bear though :D

Thanks again!! :D

Look out for my photos on Tuesday :D
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Dakotas first birthday!

Post by Pinoy51 »

Just a word of caution for the cake. At least Simba would develop allergic reaction due to the whole meal flour. He is allergic to grains and a lot of Chows are. Specially wheat is a common problem. Other than that, happy birthday, hope I didn't spoil the fun.
Best regards
Pinoy51
beckysmyth92
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by beckysmyth92 »

Thank you for bringing this to my attention I really appreciate it! Unfortunately I just seen it after I've made and fed her it :( I don't think shes allergic (or at least she isn't showing signs yet) Is there anything in particular I should look out for?

Here is Dakota on her birthday :) please see my new post for more photos :)