Just got the news

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Just got the news

Post by applebear »

My breeder just called a few days ago with news and I'm dying to share with someone! She just did a breeding with a beautiful red smooth male to rough female. I should [hopefully] be getting my smooth pup around April [give or take, I am just estimating]. A lot depends if she has a male, but I am first on the list for a smooth so I'm going to keep it positive thinking. ;)

I know this is kind of a lame post, but I am so excited and nervous. lol I haven't had a puppy since my dog Knarly came into my life about 14 years ago...crossing paws this all goes well and I don't make too many mistakes. :)
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Just got the news

Post by cherriemater »

NOT LAME AT ALL!!! I certainly know the anxious anticipation you're feeling. We went through this with our breeder (who disappointed us for a year! by changing the "list" rules). Then, another breeder nearby gave us a call and ended our despair ... but brought eight weeks of EAGER anticipation.

Can't wait to meet your pup! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

How exciting! Hope to see pics in April :)
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

I went through a lot of frustration to find a breeder, passing many unethical ones along the way [no health testing, paypal buttons on bottom of pups pics...ack!]. I hopefully made a good choice with this one and if this all works out, it will be close to the year mark since I laid down my deposit [my surgery pushed me back and then I decided to wait for a smooth so I did some setting back to myself]. lol I think it's going to be worth that wait and you guys will be one of the first to meet him! :)
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Fingers crossed :)
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

I think that is wonderful news, and I would be so excited myself. Keep us posted as to how everything goes, and of course photos of the little man when you get him.
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441