Dixie is quite the guard dog.

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Dixie is quite the guard dog.

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Saturday evening, my best friend and I were out with Dixie (petsmart and the flea market to pick up Christmas presents) and got a call from some friends asking us to meet them at a local Mexican restaurant for a little bit of a Christmas "party". So I called my mom and asked her if she'd give me a little gas money so I could get back to town after taking Dixie home, but she told me to just leave her in the car with the windows cracked and some water since it was chilly enough and we'd only be there for like an hour. So I told one of my friends to meet me in the parking lot when I got there with a to-go cup of water (I parked in the lot next door because that building is abandoned). So I left her in the back of my explorer with water and checked on her 3 times in the hour we were inside (she was completely fine in the car, I actually had to wake her up to let her potty one time). And when we call came out, everyone wanted to see Dixie, so they joined us at my car and we found out that someone had parked in the same lot as me. So we're all hanging out, talking and this man comes walking up from the restaurant and Dixie started grumbling and barking at him, so I tell her to hush and she sits down next to me huffing and just watching the man until he was gone.

And then Monday night we came home from a family get together and it was completely dark in the house. When I walked into my room Dixie was standing on my bed snarling at me when I turned on the light, but as soon as she could see me, she got down and came to me wagging her nub. I couldn't help but laugh because I know she fought she needed to protect the house and the boys (who were kenneled) from intruders. :lol: And it's comforting to me to know she is so watchful.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix