Snow

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Snow

Post by Cocoa »

We had our first real snow of the year this morning and Cocoa was dancing at the door to get out in it. She had so much fun on our morning walk, diving in face first, pouncing and rolling and a big smile on her face the whole time. I think if I hadn't had to leave for work we would have gone in for a cup of coffee to warm up and then straight back out to play. :D We don't get much snow around here and when we do it usually gets washed away with rain after a day or two so it is always a treat for Cocoa. I didn't have my phone with me or I would have tried to get a few pictures.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Snow

Post by chowpups »

I have to admit I can't wait to see how Bella likes the snow! Nikki just loved it and disnt want to come in! I love snow on a weekend when NO one has to drive in it and all are enjoying it!! But that is rare! We had a little dusting one morning and Goatie ( Bella ) sniffed it up her nose and sneezed a few times the rolled in it! But it was gone after a roll in it!
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

I'm sure Bella will love the snow, Cocoa sure does, you can just see the sparkle in her eye and she starts doing back and forth on her paws dance to go out in it. I agree with the snow on the weekends only idea, it was a mess around here this morning because right after the snow fell we started to get freezing rain and hail so the roads were very slick. It has almost all melted but we're supposed to get another snowfall overnight tonight so we'll see what tomorrow morning's commute brings.
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JasonandNat »

Yes, ShenLung and FengHuang totally transform when snow arrives. They suddenly act like squirrels on caffeine, rolling, jumping, diving under and through any and all snow piles. Last night they got so excited with a tree in the middle of a field during a snow storm, they thought it was a playmate and ran up and around, snorting, chuffing, jumping, diving and just acting totally squirrelly for 10 minutes until it dawned on them this playmate was totally boring and off they went looking for someone else...
beckysmyth92
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by beckysmyth92 »

Awww I really hope we get snow this year! I think Dakota will love it! This time last year we had lots of snow for a few weeks and so far we havent had any! Im praying for snow you guys have got me all excited!! :D Treasure every moment!!

Merry Christmas!
yatta5000
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yatta5000 »

In my area we got a lot of snow yesterday and my chow absolutely loved it! He nose dived everywhere. It was cool. It gave me a chance to take lots of pictures